MG TF Question.

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: MG TF Question.

#71 Post by JPB » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:44 pm

GHT wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:21 pm
..How do you fancy a job at MG Enthusiast?...
I'd sooner eat my own eyeballs but thanks for the suggestion. ;)
John, If it's old & badly broken, chances are I've owned it. :|

GHT

#72 Post by GHT » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Eat your eyeballs eh, I've had another b*ll*cking from the MG set. There's so many MG clubs it's difficult to keep track of them but one puts out a publication called Safety Fast. Really? That's what I got a wrist slap for, I've never heard of it. Curiosity got the better of me and I looked it up. Have you ever heard of an MG TG? Look at the number plate.
mg tf tg.jpg
mg tf tg.jpg (39.08 KiB) Viewed 332 times

JPB

#73 Post by JPB » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:48 pm

That MG has been showing 100 miles on its odometer at each and every MOT test since 2007, in 2006, it's recorded at 1006, so either the tester did that annoying thing that some do; forgetting the tenths and including their position in the total as units, or the odometer was zeroed and broke as a result between the '06 and the '07 tests.
Safety Fast is a publication that I have actually seen in the flesh, though I believe that nowadays, they're printing on paper instead as all of that body snatching was becoming stressful. Was the title also an advertising slogan at some time in the marque's past?

I'll get me coat.. :oops:
John, If it's old & badly broken, chances are I've owned it. :|