Altogether now, awww, bless..

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Altogether now, awww, bless..

#1 Post by JPB » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:36 pm

Cute wee bus on the 'bay just now, I'm thinking it's some form of classic commercial equivalent of a tiny Spaniel, but even more lovely..
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1961-MORRIS-A ... SwaB5Xk6hB

Yeah? Come on people, cute or what. :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Grumpy Northener

Re: Altogether now, awww, bless..

#2 Post by Grumpy Northener » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:51 am

Well spotted John - Looks fab - however I have a feeling that the vendor dealer has a reserve somewhere upwards of £4k / £5k and it desperately needs a decent paintjob to hide the current paintwork which has been applied by a badly worn knife & fork - decent paint job on something like that is going to be the same price as the van and before you know it you are £10k poorer - meanwhile you can purchase a decent & equally evocative Bedford CA for a lump less - probably not as rare as the J2 though

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C760683
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C758444
1937 Jowett 8 - Project - in less pieces than the Jupiter
1943 Jowett Stationary Engine
1952 Jowett Jupiter - In lots of peices http://Jowett.org/
1952 Jowett Javelin - Largely original
1973 Rover P6 V8 - Original / 22,000 miles

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:01 am

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :oops:
im in love

GHT

#4 Post by GHT » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:32 am

Back in the 1960's I, along with four others, went to work in a colleagues CF van. It had bench seats down each side, no seat belts in those days, so you quickly learned to hang on. That CF had an inherent problem, but I can't remember what it was. As for that J2, my childhood friend's mother had one, converted to an ice cream van. There's one popular van missing from that era, The Ford Thames, my father-in-law had one. He would let me use it to take his daughter away at weekends. Three gears, vacuum wipers, what a nail.
gerty.jpg
gerty.jpg (33.25 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:44 am

GHT wrote:Back in the 1960's I, along with four others, went to work in a colleagues CF van. It had bench seats down each side, no seat belts in those days, so you quickly learned to hang on. That CF had an inherent problem, but I can't remember what it was. As for that J2, my childhood friend's mother had one, converted to an ice cream van. There's one popular van missing from that era, The Ford Thames, my father-in-law had one. He would let me use it to take his daughter away at weekends.what a nail.
gerty.jpg
i hope your wife does not read that... :scared:

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:32 pm

^^^
I thought that at first, but soon realised :idea: that it was the van that GHT was referring to as a "nail." ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#7 Post by GHT » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:32 pm

Ambiguity rules. Yes, it was the van, however the Ford did have one endearing trait, the front bench seats. Negated the need to climb in the back.