parking quarrel

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
sierra3dr

parking quarrel

#1 Post by sierra3dr » Sun May 29, 2016 9:22 pm

JPB

Re: parking quarrel

#2 Post by JPB » Sun May 29, 2016 9:49 pm

I feel for the guy, sure I do, but when was the law changed to make it ok to stand in a free space and initiate conflict by acting illegally? I wouldn't have run him down, but would have removed him using reasonable force or reported him to the plod for obstruction, affray or just plain suicidal stupidity..
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Mon May 30, 2016 5:17 am

what a pair of twats..

Classic Microcars

#4 Post by Classic Microcars » Mon May 30, 2016 6:35 am

Disagree Rich, twats can be useful. ;-)

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Mon May 30, 2016 7:37 am

:lol: that pair isnt!! :lol: :lol:

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Mon May 30, 2016 10:28 am

My aunt (by marriage, she's no blood of mine :evil: ..), whose ability to park is legendarily fragile, rang up a few weeks ago and asked to have a shot of my winch for a night. She stays in a village about the size of an average back garden, one of the remote ones where the post office is suspiciously Vauxhall Combo shaped. Anyhow, she hadn't told me why she wanted the winch.. Not before now!
She phoned this morning to discuss where I wanted her at a family event on Wednesday, the answer being "At the South Pole", but in fact, she also wanted to bring the winch back :o . I asked her why she had wanted the winch in the first place, she explained that one of her ex victims had parked his tractor across her back gateway, as opposed to the gateway at the front, which affords access directly to her lady garden. She'd tried pulling the tractor out with a tow rope attached to her venerable Volvo 145 (same shade of yellow as the one famously used by the posh neighbours in classic (apparently) 20th century TV "comedy" series "The Good Life"). Very clever, see their surname was "Good" and it was about their life. Nobody cared, but even now Felicity Kendal has a really nice smile, so anyway; the rope had snapped. Quelle surprise! :roll:
So, figuring that my winch could move the unattended agricultural vehicle, she'd attached the block between the rear lashing eyes on the old Volvo, attached the winch wire to the tractor and started cranking away on the lever that winds in the winch. The Volvo survived its ordeal, unruffled but the tractor's still there and now he won't be able to drive it away like any sane person, because some passing hippies accidentally filled the tractor's Diesel tank with that thick, gloopy domestic cleaning product that feels like T-Cut
It turns out that tractors are harder to move than Stylophones at a Barnardos' charity shop.
:x

Arguing about parking spaces is really pointless as everyone involved loses out in the end, as that news story tells us. But my winch still works and I'm off out shortly to winch something. Just for old time's sake, like.. :|

Oh, and Aunt W, nobody cares that your stupid hair dye has left you bald, we're all laughing really hard about that and yes, I imagine that you would make a really good place to park a bicycle.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#7 Post by GHT » Mon May 30, 2016 3:13 pm

JPB wrote: I asked her why she had wanted the winch in the first place, she explained that one of her ex victims had parked his tractor across her back gateway, as opposed to the gateway at the front, which affords access directly to her lady garden.
Er, did you not know that a woman's lady garden is akin to the: See you next Tuesday, acronym that, if spoken by it's initials, would get you banned from almost all forums?