Car Radios

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
kevin

Car Radios

#1 Post by kevin » Sun May 29, 2016 5:37 pm

In my Singer, apart from loving driving it, I really enjoy listening to music when out and about.
I currently have a period Sony portable radio that sits in its cradle under the dash

Whilst it looks and sounds great, with the added advantage that I can play music from my iPhone through it, I am hankering after a Radiomobile unit.
This I blame on my dad who had one in his Wolsely 6110 (still has it in the garage but sadly needs restoring)

When I first got the Singer, it had a Radio cassette player fitted so I have the correct centre console which relocates the ash tray so installing isn't a problem.
If I drop on a really mint one it will be fitted in a shot.

What set do you have in your classic?

Kev

GHT

Re: Car Radios

#2 Post by GHT » Sun May 29, 2016 6:15 pm

My MG wasn't fitted with a radio, and because of the crud that passes off as entertainment these days, I've no intention of fitting one. I do, however, have in-car audio entertainment, and I promise that I'm not taking the mickey. If I know that I might be at a venue for a number of hours, I take along an old wind up gramophone, plus a good selection of 78's and the records get played from the rear seat. The gramophone and records often get photographed more than the car.

kevin

Re: Car Radios

#3 Post by kevin » Sun May 29, 2016 6:54 pm

I agree with your comments about new music, my interest seemed to stick pre 1980s, that's all that I listen to through the set fitted.
Love the idea about the gramophone.

Kev