Automatic up and over garage door openers. Reviews?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
gazza82

Re: Automatic up and over garage door openers. Reviews?

#11 Post by gazza82 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:57 pm

rich. wrote:ght is jealous!!

His "mechanic fairy" obviously hasn't complained about the gale blowing under the old up-and-over metal door when they are trying to work on the car, the puddles under the car after a gentle shower they have to lay in or the fact all their tools are going rusty due to the constant damp garage floor ... ;)

or isn't married! :shock:

Next up he'll be saying he doesn't want (or need) a pit! :o (Oh I miss my pit .. :cry: )

pryantcc

#12 Post by pryantcc » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:46 pm

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
@JPB, You're right, driving is a better way to warm it up, as would be an engine heater!

@TerryG, my garage is very private and at the bottom of my garden, so security is not a particular concern. Getting wet is, though, and I'm sure I'll be more likely to be bothered storing the car indoors when it's just a matter of pushing the button to open up the door rather than getting out in the rain to open up!

gazza82

#13 Post by gazza82 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:59 pm

gazza82 wrote:Went the sectional door route too .. mainly as the old double-width door had rusted away and kept snapping spring cables ..plus it has started to open at odd angle which meant SHMBO couldn't do it .. and then had a back-problem. £££s solves everything!

I'd have to look to remind myself what the make is .. but the advantage is it is 99% water-tight .. 1% when you trap a snail, woodlouse, twig, leaf, etc under the bottom edge seal and we have torrential rain like earlier this week ..
I've got a NoveFerm door with NovoPort motor ... http://www.novoferm.de/en/novoport_auto ... ems_2.html
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck