Roewe's latest offering

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
GHT

Re: Roewe's latest offering

#11 Post by GHT » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Has anyone seen the Chinese, Geely Company's new black cab?
taxi.jpg
taxi.jpg (105.96 KiB) Viewed 1933 times
At The Goodwood Revival there are so many black cab taxi's going right back to the earliest ones. As a Londoner, I do hope that this black cab is a success. There was a time when New York was a sea of checker cabs, now it's a mish-mash of every sort of car, more like a load of mini-cabs. The black cab is as much of an icon as any of the city's famous land-marks, whilst the cabbies are a mind of information ranging from politics to life in general.
"No wot I mean?"

JPB

#12 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:46 pm

^^^^

That’s handsome! :oops: :scared:

But I can't help seeing some VAG design cues (among others) in the shape, which hints at some sort of illicit love play having taken place between a classic Wover P5 and a modern Skoda Yeti, Datsun Qube or Hyundai Gross Shape. Imagine that; cars playing lineups, somewhere round the back of the forecourt, maybe in that dark corner that nobody ever visits - the corner where the LNG dispenser stays, waiting for one of Eddie's shiniest new wagons to come and fill up. And waiting, waiting, waiting some more, waiting, etc.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#13 Post by rich. » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:14 pm

will it be sold as a competitor to people carriers?

GHT

#14 Post by GHT » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:01 pm

JPB wrote:That’s handsome! :oops: :scared:/quote]
:roll: Handsome, as in Hansom Cabs. Where's the groaning emoticon?
rich. wrote:will it be sold as a competitor to people carriers?
People carrier/Taxi's. Need that groaning emoticon again.
London cabbies will be pleased with the cabin space.
They all recall the cab driver who pulled out to avoid a kid and fell off the back seat.

rich.

#15 Post by rich. » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:18 pm

GHT wrote: .
They all recall the cab driver who pulled out to avoid a kid and fell off the back seat.
sorry you have lost me there... :?

JPB

#16 Post by JPB » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:05 pm

rich. wrote:
GHT wrote: .
sorry you have lost me there... :?
I got it! :lol: I always knew that a left footed upbringing would come in handy some day, looks like this is it. :mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#17 Post by GHT » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:15 pm

rich. wrote:sorry you have lost me there... :?
Seriously? You need it spelling out? Cabby is on the back seat. He's getting his end away. Feels the vinegar stroke coming on. Pulls out to avoid a kid, in other words, he doesn't want to knock her up. Oh for goodness sake Rich, you have led a sheltered life. :oops:

rich.

#18 Post by rich. » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:17 am

GHT wrote:
rich. wrote:sorry you have lost me there... :?
Seriously? You need it spelling out? Cabby is on the back seat. He's getting his end away. Feels the vinegar stroke coming on. Pulls out to avoid a kid, in other words, he doesn't want to knock her up. Oh for goodness sake Rich, you have led a sheltered life. :oops:
ah! ive had a very long week with sick kids & hospitals & no sleep, so brain fade is my excuse..

GHT

#19 Post by GHT » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:03 pm

Sorry to hear about the family, I do hope all is well. Take no notice of me, I am one of life's merciless teasers. If there's a joke to be had, I'm your man.

rich.

#20 Post by rich. » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:30 pm

GHT wrote:Sorry to hear about the family, I do hope all is well. Take no notice of me, I am one of life's merciless teasers. If there's a joke to be had, I'm your man.
no offence taken mate! if you can take the mickey , im your man! its all part of the fun.. :D
lil lottie is doing fine & up to all sorts of mischief.. the pediatrician scared the crap out of me when she said she was worried about her..
all the best rich & co :thumbs: