Roewe's latest offering

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
GHT

Re: Roewe's latest offering

#31 Post by GHT » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:43 pm

JPB wrote: people will then forget what a real MG looks like.
For those who thought they knew, a real MG looks like this!
Much as I appreciate your input on this forum John, that's not what a real MG looks like. Reason being, the original concept of MG was to build hand made cars that the better off could afford, without breaking the bank. True they started life as a badge engineered Morris Cowley. But soon became a hand built speciality car that was to become their niche. MG's were never meant to be in competition with the likes of RR, Bentley and the top end of the hand built market. Kimber, the head honcho back in the day, did see the MG company as a direct competitor to Jaguar though, even though that was wishful thinking. MG's pedigree went by the wayside when it's cars, including the iconic and much loved MGB, were mass produced. No longer a hand built car in the BMC empire, but a badge engineered clone of the mass produced market. The market that they originally aimed at were now buying the XK series Jaguar.
I'm not mocking or slagging off anything made after the demise of Abingdon, but the fact is, MG's modus operandii, was a quality hand built car.
For what it's worth Jaguar's X series became known as The Jaguar Mondeo. A very good car, but not worthy, in the eyes of those 'purists,' of the Jaguar badge, in much the same way of earlier MG models.
Am I being snobbish? To some extent yes, I simply cannot respect a modern MG as being in the same class of car as it's illustrious predecessors, simply because it bears an octagon badge on it's grille, anymore than I can compere the Rover of old to that of the BL days. But all that is just the musings of a crusty old fart. It boils down to, you pays your money, you takes your choice. Even you and Rich who wet your pants at the sight of Europe's longest car, The Trabbant, said to be seven metres, including the smoke.

rich.

#32 Post by rich. » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:54 pm

you really need to get out more mate ;)
this is what really floats my boat... :drool: :drool: :drool: id really like an auto :drool: .. one day
http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=h ... IQrQMIIDAB

JPB

#33 Post by JPB » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:09 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool:

K10 + Image = wood! :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#34 Post by GHT » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Whose the Kate Middleton lookalike?

rich.

#35 Post by rich. » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:35 pm

GHT wrote:Who is the Kate Middleton
there, i corrected that for you.. ;)

JPB

#36 Post by JPB » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:21 pm

:shock: Seriously, GHT doesn't know Anna Friel? Oh dear. :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#37 Post by GHT » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:12 pm

No I don't, and if I wanted someone to take the p*ss, I would have seen a urologist. Is she a Big Brother wannabee? A TV presenter? A Pop singer? An Actress? Someone who sh@gged David Cameron? Do tell.

JPB

#38 Post by JPB » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:28 pm

GIYF..
J

GHT

#39 Post by GHT » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:02 am

GIYF??????????? WTF????????????

JPB

#40 Post by JPB » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:41 am

:lol:

Well if I attempted to provide her biography, we'd be on all night so trust me, Google is your friend in this case and, in the words of the late Michael Winner...
:thumbs:
Maybe you're a Duckduckgo man in which case my apologies for assuming that you'd know what Google is.
J