Roewe's latest offering

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
GHT

Roewe's latest offering

#1 Post by GHT » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:22 am

This is a concept car that could soon be carrying an MG badge. What are your thoughts? I'm too much of a traditionalist, so not for me.
Now if they were to come up with something like this, then perhaps they might have a hit on their hands.

JPB

Re: Roewe's latest offering

#2 Post by JPB » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:49 am

A car is no place for yon trendy laminate flooring! :lol: I can take that stuff in a house, but flats and cars should have either carpet or matting. Alfa-Romeo are possibly thinking about suing for breach of their IP as that banana-like thing looks a lot like the large Alfa Saloon that appeared recently in a series of spy shots in one of the coffee table monthlies.
That red two seater though, :drool: now that I could accommodate. Willingly! Even though its rear wings appear to have been styled by Leepu.
If a "traditionalist" is someone who prefers an MG to be a saloon-derived two seater or a mildly uprated version of an old Morris that needed the image boost to keep it afloat for another painful year or two then I guess I'm one of these too! IMHO, the best car ever to carry the MG label was the Maestro Turbo and that was based on an Austin. Oh dear, how frightfully infra dig.
:shock: ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:23 pm

not keen on the yellow jag look alike, the red however one can i have 3 please?

Mitsuru

#4 Post by Mitsuru » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:14 am

The headlights on the red two seater reminds me of a nissan joke!(juke) they are too far back and high up on the wing. The rill looks like it was added on, and moulding down the side is too much and messes it up! It also looks like they took another 2000 - 2010 japanese sports car and added the stuff too! A total turn off!

The yellow could be mistaken for BMW, Jag or /vW/Audi if you removed the badge!
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

JPB

#5 Post by JPB » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:50 am

Mitsuru wrote:...The yellow could be mistaken for BMW, Jag or /vW/Audi if you removed the badge!
It could, but if you take the image back, layer by layer, with the GIMP then the original image can be seen, and all the "creator" of the supposed MG design did was to replace its subtle and typically stylish Alfa grille with that monstrous thing. The spy pics were also on Italian magazine Veloce Today's site from, ISTR, somewhen around October last year.
;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

DoloMIGHTY

#6 Post by DoloMIGHTY » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:50 pm

I own a new MG3 and a Triumph Dolomite.

I am happy that the MG name is back where it should be - on the road.

Not so happy that the Triumph name is locked away in a filling cabinet in Munich.

Good on SIAC I say for keeping the brand alive :thumbs: .
Alan the First Forum Glitch!

mach1rob

#7 Post by mach1rob » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:23 pm

If they did build it, unlikely we'd see it here, the GT looks great, but it's not coming to the UK, for now, it's 3, 6 and soon to be GS SUV.

I run a 6 everyday, and it's not a bad old bus, can feel the ZT heritage in it, the wife has a 3, cracking little supermini at the price.

DoloMIGHTY

#8 Post by DoloMIGHTY » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm

And here is mine and Rob's cars together:

Odd we should also both own Dolomite 1850s as well! :!:
Alan the First Forum Glitch!

rich.

#9 Post by rich. » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:08 pm

can you get therapy? :lol:

mach1rob