Forum maintainance

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Topaz

Re: Forum maintainance

#51 Post by Topaz » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:58 am

Another 'well done' for Terry - the favicon thing is working and I have what looks like a wheel and tyre on my Favourites bar . . . . . :thumbs:

Mike

TerryG

#52 Post by TerryG » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:16 pm

Everyone likes different types of car but barring the odd special, all cars have wheels so it struck me as appropriate.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#53 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:55 am

Some military vehicle enthusiasts are crying into their tea as I read this.. :lol:

Terry, I'm still not seeing the icon on my bookmarks menu (dropdown and toolbar the same), yet it is there in the tab. Is this phenomenon only applicable to browsers that aren't Internet Exploder? I don't have a Windows VB running just now so please tell me I don't have to use IE to get my chunk of the tiny wheel picture action..
:lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#54 Post by rich. » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:13 am

i see the wheel!! :D :D :D

JPB

#55 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:35 am

I see dead people.
Oh wait, wrong forum.. :scared:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

tractorman

#56 Post by tractorman » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:24 am

I can see the wheel with Firefox on the two machines I use regularly.

Mind you, I can't order from a certain model railway shop with Firefox, so all isn't great: the only machine with IE has an old version that "needs" to be upgraded as MS support will end soon!

TerryG

#57 Post by TerryG » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:43 am

You could try deleting and re-creating your favourite John, firefox was finicky on my pc refusing to change the icon but chrome, opera and ie all worked as advertised.
Just to make you happy, I have even checked it in chromium and Mozilla with Ubuntu.
What browser / os combination are you running and i'll have a check to make sure I have added a compatible format.

kstrutt1

#58 Post by kstrutt1 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:20 pm

Terry,

Thanks for all the hard work, I seem to have one problem though, I can't see any of the photos on my blog, is it something stupid I am doing?

Kevin

JPB

#59 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Kevin, I don't see your attachments either, but images in some threads, where people have added them via IMG rather than attachments, are still there. I guess that not even our Terry can make the proverbial omelette without breaking a wee few eggs!

Terry, I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with a Cinnamon desktop. Browsers are Firefox, Chromium, Chrome and Safari. I'm also viewing via LG Web (repackaged Chromium) and have also tried tipping the TV on its side in case the wheel rolls back in. ;)

Hang on a mo, it works now. :? :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Thanks, Terry, you're a very patient man!
J

TerryG

#60 Post by TerryG » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:20 pm

I am (continuing) to hassle our previous host to get our attachments out of the old forum. Fingers crossed I will get them shortly and can bring all the threads with images back to life.