Forum maintainance

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
rich.

Re: Forum maintainance

#41 Post by rich. » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:14 pm

well you seem to have worked your magic again & everything is working fine mate! well done :D

JPB

#42 Post by JPB » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:21 pm

harvey wrote:Despite ticking the box to keep me logged in, most of the time I have to log in each time I visit.
:|

I find that with the toilet at work, but not with the forum. :shock: ;)
Terry, is it the host or your good self who would create a favicon for the forum bookmark? That's still missing and before the migration it was a bright green square that really stood out, even after a whole morning of staring at the webcam for ages, which I do since work agreed to let me deliver most of my performances via Skype.
It's a minor thing but favicons do make bookmarks easier to use when constantly changing focus between the big screen in the corner and the laptop in front of my face, maybe it's an age thing?
:oops:
rich. wrote:well you seem to have worked your magic again & everything is working fine mate! well done :D
Uh-oh! Watch it all go horribly awry after that fate-tempting statement by the French resident internet wrecking gold medallist. ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

kevin

#43 Post by kevin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:31 pm

The remember me function isn't erm remembering to function for me :D
Having to log in everytime.

Using chrome via iPad.

Kev

TerryG

#44 Post by TerryG » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:34 pm

I'll have another look at that then.
"Annoyingly" it is working for me both at home and at work.

I could set a favicon. how about a biscuit ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

kevin

#45 Post by kevin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Terry, it's a minor issue so don't rush, you've done a great job with the move

Kev

GHT

#46 Post by GHT » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:09 pm

JPB wrote:
harvey wrote:Despite ticking the box to keep me logged in, most of the time I have to log in each time I visit.
I find that with the toilet at work, but not with the forum. :shock: ;)
Taking-a-dump-like-Predator_o_140763.jpg
Taking-a-dump-like-Predator_o_140763.jpg (77.36 KiB) Viewed 1484 times

JPB

#47 Post by JPB » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:57 pm

TerryG wrote:I'll have another look at that then.
"Annoyingly" it is working for me both at home and at work.
Same here, so by that logic I should be really vexed, cos it's all running as smoothly as a 25 year old Toyota engine with a sump full of Valvoline's finest synthetic 10w40, and the only time my login details get forgotten is when I'm holding up loads of other staffers' jalopies and several hundred students' Corsas on one of the rare occasions when I need to show my face at work and have typed in the 1,307th incorrect code at the barrier to the car park.
:( :twisted:
TerryG wrote:I could set a favicon. how about a biscuit ;)
:thumbs: Nice idea, or how about your Minor? OK, so at that size only you would know for certain what it was actually a picture of, but think of it as the forum equivalent of the artist signing his painting.
8-)

@ GHT: I want that toilet for my garden, where are they sold please? :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#48 Post by rich. » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:47 am

TerryG wrote: I could set a favicon. how about a biscuit ;)
whats a favicon? & what biscuit would you like? quite fancy a bourbon myself...
http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/ ... p3?item=16

TerryG

#49 Post by TerryG » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:33 am

Rich, a favicon is the little icon next to your bookmark (or favourite depending on your choice of browser) which comes from the website. It is also displayed next to the site name in your browser tabs.
I'll think of something close to relevant and set it shortly.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#50 Post by JPB » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:50 am

Rich, I love that tea & biscuits site! I also love the idea of the spreadable biscuit ( :idea: or as a body paint alternative.. :oops: ), but the name of that biscuit spread perhaps needs some work:

:shock: What were they thinking of? Anyway, thanks for the link, I've picked up lots of essential, biscuit and tea-related info there, for example; who knew that the regulation quantity for the Bourbon hole is ten? I'll never buy the cheap Associated Dairies ones again as they only have eight holes, some of which aren't even chamfered uniformly around their edges.
:D

Edited at some time between lunch and tea: Liking the favicon, Terry. Is it an Oriole cookie, an O/E Oreo brand one mind, not one of the distinctly average Marks & Spencer replicas, or maybe the similar but earlier Hydrox? Or is it some form of hole with a silver worm about to emerge from it?
:ugeek:

Edited again, half way between breakfast and elevenses: Terry, I just noticed that the icon doesn't appear in bookmarks lists, only on the tab. :scared:
Also, sign in is still working, but only for a couple of hours and it looks as though the cookies are expiring all by themselves after that time.
J