Mini bi-motor

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
zipgun

Re: Mini bi-motor

#11 Post by zipgun » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Despite keep getting " You are permanantly banned from this forum " as home page , i'm still here and able to log in ! What's that all about ???

Slightly off topic though , i was looking at the guts in a crop sprayer a few years ago, those ones with tall skinny wheels . It had a Cavalier /Astra diesel and F20 gearbox but set inline so the driveshafts were then propshafts.. driving front and rear axle diffs, to give 4 wheel drive .

TerryG

#12 Post by TerryG » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:19 pm

Periodically we have a requirement to ban IP addresses of persistent spammers. It is possible that if you have a dynamic IP you have been allocated a blocked address. When you are experiencing that message, if you visit www.whatismyip.com and post (or PM me if you prefer) what your IP address is, i can have a look at sorting it out.
We normally don't block UK assigned addresses but one may have slipped through.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

zipgun

#13 Post by zipgun » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:08 pm

The car sites i visit (that are in my favorites) like practically classics, Impact bumpers , DDK , Retrorides etc dont work periodically , 1 - 2 months ,and it comes up with a window saying The target "" of this Internet shortcut is invalid . Go to the property sheet and make sure the target is correct . As if the site has been updated ,and my favorite shortcut is obsolete..? So i just google say " Practically classics" open the site , right click" add to favorites" and overwrite the previous Practically classics favorite.. Works everytime . I didnt get that message this time though , all i got was YOU'RE BANNED !

Luxobarge

#14 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:15 pm

You're not the only one - happens to me regularly, I just refresh or log in again and it usually works after a while. I think it's happening to a number of other folk too - as Terry says, they're working on it and hopefully the problem will disappear. It is neccessary however to have anti-spammer processes for the forum, without them we get 5-15 a day try and join, and it's a huge overhead to get rid of them manually - trust me, I've done it! Hope you understand.

Thanks for staying with us though - trust me, you're one of the last people that'll actually get banned from here!

Cheers :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

JPB

#15 Post by JPB » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:22 am

So, on the twin engined idea; I wondered whether that mahoosive space behind the back seat in the daily driver may be useful for something other than carrying its own replacement back bumper home from the breaker's yard after the imbecile in the remains of the Clio that rear ended me refused to inform his own insurance company, etc.
Not expecting a potato giraffe trumpet, I set about DuckDuckGo-ing for "twin engined Toyota AE92 Liftback" and found
THIS.
:o

Mine is even more suitable because both front and rear transmission units will be automatic, so all I have to do is find a healthy second engine, this time with the rear end of an early MR2 auto attached to it.
I wouldn't want to be seen in the one in that clip, it's the colour. I mean; matt vomit green, what were they thinking of? :lol:

Right then, where did I put the charger for the angle grinder... :twisted:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: