Show us your cheesy accessories please!

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
GHT

Re: Show us your cheesy accessories please!

#31 Post by GHT » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:16 am

Here you go, my Lada loving friend.
If you post the drool emoticon, I will be very cross. I might even show you one of the Chinese (M)orning (G)lory cars.

JPB

#32 Post by JPB » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:56 am

I'm posting the drool but it's aimed squarely at the women in the film :drool: . The car would appear to be yet another modern thing with added - and not too attractive, IMHO - scallops that Leepu himself would be proud of!

I drove a new MG recently, its transmission system was, put simply, the worst I've ever had the gross misfortune to use with even more lag on taking off than DSG and that in spite of the car (according to the colleague who owns it) having a very small converter with a manual lockup in its top gear which, I think, was fifth of five but the brake band-ruining slurring between ratios was so dreadful that I suggested that she (the owner) should either burn the evil thing or, probably a better plan, bob it back to the dealer for a transmission rebuild under warranty. I've since discovered that only Motability contract cars are available with the two pedal option, that the car is only available with last Century Diesel engines and no petrol option :? and that the standard six-speed manual in "civilian" versions is fairly uninspiring too.
So if you post a picture of an MG6, I will hunt you down, take you prisoner with the help of four angry teuchters and a large hessian sack, run you up to the Highlands in the back of a Transit with no heater and, having forced you at tickling stick point to don a comedy kangaroo suit, abandon you there to make your own way home. Watch out for the bears, they don't like fake marsupials, especially not fake marsupials who would post images of fur coat & no knickers modern sh1te on old car fora.
Do we understand each other? :twisted:

:P
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

suffolkpete

#33 Post by suffolkpete » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:04 pm

So you weren't too impressed then? :lol:
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

GHT

#34 Post by GHT » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:32 pm

JPB wrote:I drove a new MG recently, its transmission system was, put simply, the worst I've ever had the gross misfortune to use.
We are definitely singing off the same hymn sheet here. There's a number of forums for the new MG cars, I looked up a few, but couldn't find the one that I wanted to show you.
The gist of it was, a youngish fellow bought an MG3, his posts were so exciting before purchase. He couldn't sleep, told everyone who would listen, on and on. He posted countless photos of it after his car was delivered, then came the problems. Back it went to the workshop. Back it came, back it went. 18 months on, he took the dealer's offer of £4K. It had cost him about £10K with the finance charge. You live and learn.

rich.

#35 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:27 pm

GHT wrote:a fellow bought an MG, his car was delivered, then came the problems.
there, i corrected that for you :lol: :lol: :scared:

GHT

#36 Post by GHT » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:58 pm

rich. wrote:
there, i corrected that for you.
Well we already knew that, once the production of MG left Abingdon, all it became was a badge engineered exercise, and a p*ss-poor one at that.

rich.

#37 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 pm

GHT wrote:
rich. wrote:
there, i corrected that for you.
Well we already knew that, once an MG left factory, all it became was pile of s###e and a p*ss-poor one at that.
there i corrected it for you again :lol: :lol: :scared:

GHT

#38 Post by GHT » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:39 am

rich. wrote:there i corrected it for you again :lol: :lol: :scared:
Listen smartarse, the hand built MG's, of a certain era:
"C'est une putain de bonne voiture".

rich.

#39 Post by rich. » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:57 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GHT

#40 Post by GHT » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:38 pm

Er, I've got a teddy bear, with an MG logo on his jumper, that sits on the back seat. (You want pics, don't you?) I shall have to put a pair of dark glasses on Ted, he would never live it down otherwise.