I've been Toyota shopping.

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: I've been Toyota shopping.

#101 Post by JPB » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:02 am

:shock: I'm not a facebook victim, Terry, any chance you could borrow some piccies of the car please, maybe posting them here if that's not some form of offence these days? I'd quite like to see this and can't find an E plater on any of the usual car sales sites or indeed anywhere, so it may well be a fashbook exclusive :o .
Thanks for mentioning this car, I could easily find space for a second one to spread the load on the grey one, which has covered more miles since I bought the thing in June than it had covered in the previous two (or maybe even three) years and although I'm experiencing totally trouble free motoring and hadn't so much as an advisory at the MOT, I sometimes look at the odometer and apologise to the car when nobody is about..
:oops:
:lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#102 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:24 am

you need a second car :idea:

TerryG

#103 Post by TerryG » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:21 am

I'm re the person in question won't object to some free advertising.
these are the pics from his facebook ad
toyota1.jpg
toyota1.jpg (32.24 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
toyota2.jpg
toyota2.jpg (190.27 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
toyota3.jpg
toyota3.jpg (220.43 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
toyota4.jpg
toyota4.jpg (190.79 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#104 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:24 am

:drool: how much?

TerryG

#105 Post by TerryG » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:40 am

He is asking other group members for suggestions on an asking price
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

rich.

#106 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:52 am

€12.50 :D

JPB

#107 Post by JPB » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:25 pm

:( Damn! That looks as straight as mine but it's a manual, so as much use to me as boobs on a fish! How do I know? Only the manual version has that vacuum/economy led thing on the dash.
rich. wrote:€12.50 :D
If it were an automatic then yes, in fact I'd even stretch to £12.50.. :lol:

Terry, the engineer from Hoopers valued mine at a shade under £2k when she came to assess the car for the 3rd party's insurer after the Clio attack in September, it wasn't written off and the dozy student's insurer paid me all but a couple of quid of that valuation for the repair which would have allowed for a back bumper from Toyota (new) and paint along the flanks to blend in the fresh bumper. I didn't want the body to receive any paint as there's nothing wrong with the original, not even lacquer peel, so for under £100, I bought a bumper from a breaker, enough paint and lacquer to change that from blue to grey and the rest of the payout went into the new stainless exhaust, four fresh Avons, a wheel refurb job, a rolling road tweaking session, the components for my DIY DAB/analogue aerial splitter/booster that uses the original pillar aerial, a tankful of AsDa's finest petrol, a set of (factory stock) dampers and a fresh drum of Shell Ensis V as the last lot I bought was applied liberally to the car's sills, chassis sections, doors and sunroof skin but if I'm to keep the rust out of a car that sees daily use and doesn't have a room of its own at home, then Ensis is an essential.
I've been turning down unsolicited offers for mine simply because it works and I've bonded well with it, they're ordinary and lack prestige but if the buying brief is a comfortable, effortless (to own and to use) older car that can be driven by anyone used to new stuff without massive readjustment being required, then they make sense, especially for someone who - as I was when I found mine - is looking for a car that can replace a new one without making them feel as though they're missing out on any of the good parts of new car ownership.

Terry, I'm not going to post here regarding the potential value of that lovely specimen but I do know how much it could fetch if it were advertised in the right venue and would be happy to communicate that information to its owner, via a willing 3rd party..
;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: