Car SOS.

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
rich.

Re: Car SOS.

#31 Post by rich. » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:02 pm

if phil needs any help with the groupies im sure we could lend a hand.. :D

fuzztownshend

#32 Post by fuzztownshend » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:33 pm

Hello all,

Phil has been quiet because he's been rather unwell lately, having suffered a stroke at the start of the year, but he's working on getting back to good health and popped in at the workshop last week.
We'll go easy on him, if we get to make a fourth series of Car SOS ;-)
Fuzzer

kevin

#33 Post by kevin » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Aw what a bummer, thanks for the update Fuzz and wish Phil all the best

Kev

TerryG

#34 Post by TerryG » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Maybe it was stress caused by having his flapjack stolen.
Thanks for the update Fuzz.
Get well soon Phil :)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

eddypeck

#35 Post by eddypeck » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:51 pm

fuzztownshend wrote:Hello all,

Phil has been quiet because he's been rather unwell lately, having suffered a stroke at the start of the year, but he's working on getting back to good health and popped in at the workshop last week.
We'll go easy on him, if we get to make a fourth series of Car SOS ;-)
Fuzzer
Don't suppose Phil has his own unfinished project lurking at the bottom of his garden? There's an idea for an extra episode for you.
1986 VW Golf GTi, 1988 VW Golf GTi, 1993 BMW e30 318i Touring Lux

TerryG

#36 Post by TerryG » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Car SOS via facebook wrote: Car SOS fans around the world .... We need your help!!!.

We really hope you enjoyed series 3 and hope we made a few dreams come true along the way. But here's the thing,even though the series rated really well, Nat Geo who make the show can't decide whether or not to do a series 4. We wondered if you might help persuade them with a few supportive emails?
If you are in the UK the email address for Nat Geo is ngcdutylog@fox.com and/or you could pester Channel 4 . If you are elsewhere in the World look up Nat Geo on the web and find the contact address which is usually at the bottom of the page.

We would really like to come back soon and continue our mission turn a few lives around.

Best wishes,

Tim and Fuzz
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

eddypeck

#37 Post by eddypeck » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:02 pm

TerryG wrote:
Car SOS via facebook wrote: Car SOS fans around the world .... We need your help!!!.

We really hope you enjoyed series 3 and hope we made a few dreams come true along the way. But here's the thing,even though the series rated really well, Nat Geo who make the show can't decide whether or not to do a series 4. We wondered if you might help persuade them with a few supportive emails?
If you are in the UK the email address for Nat Geo is ngcdutylog@fox.com and/or you could pester Channel 4 . If you are elsewhere in the World look up Nat Geo on the web and find the contact address which is usually at the bottom of the page.

We would really like to come back soon and continue our mission turn a few lives around.

Best wishes,

Tim and Fuzz
I don't know if this will have any impact on the decision but I know ITV1 are launching their own car restoration show shortly. There seems to be a big buzz around classic cars at the moment, and more accessible (as in not SKY only channels) shows like "For the Love of Cars" has certainly helped.

I know about the ITV show because I saw an advert and applied, after numerous emails, phone calls to myself and my wife, Skype interviews and the like unfortunately mine wasn't picked.

I think if this show was axed now then Nat Geo would be missing a trick. But may be time to shake up the format a bit.... and a bit less stupidity from Tim, that seems to be the consistent comment from anyone you talk to.
1986 VW Golf GTi, 1988 VW Golf GTi, 1993 BMW e30 318i Touring Lux

JPB

#38 Post by JPB » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Phil, if you're reading this, please get well sharpish. Fuzz, thanks for posting to keep us informed and keep up the good work.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

tractorman

#39 Post by tractorman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:36 pm

+1

Forget the Fuzz/Tim thing: Phil is the star of the show (and we all know it is him that really does all the work). I watched the Land Rover one again this morning, but the Lotus one was on earlier in the week and Phil's face when the hub casting broke still makes me smile..,

rich.

#40 Post by rich. » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:37 pm

get well soon phil!!