BUDGET

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
MG Mal

BUDGET

#1 Post by MG Mal » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Good news for classic car owners in this year's Budget - from 1 April 2016 a vehicle made before 1 January, 1976, will be exempt from paying road tax (VED).
So, if any of us have Pre 76 classic's, you can now apply for Historic status from Next April. :D

Martin Evans

Re: BUDGET

#2 Post by Martin Evans » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Good news BUT I have reason to believe that if Labour win, this will be the last extension for some time.

I am not trying to start a political debate here and frankly I have little interest in the election, save for this one issue. Someone once said that everyone has the right to be stupid but that politicians abuse the privilege and this (Perhaps with a few exceptions) sums up my feelings about the whole thing.

So far as I can tell, this is how things stand, between the two likely to be at the heart of the next government.

Conservative – It’s their policy, so nothing more to say.

Labour – Won’t answer the question, even though I have told them that I now infer this to mean another Brownline or worse. I have been trying to get an answer, at various times, throughout the last two years, so they can’t say they have been too busy with the election.

Lib Dems – I haven’t asked, as it seems they are going to get a pasting.

UKIP – I asked them, in case they end up propping up a Conservative government. The reply came from a classic car owner and was favourable.

I hear that Plaid Cymru :twisted: are only going to allow free tax on Gilberns :roll: :lol: .
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

Mitsuru

#3 Post by Mitsuru » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Apparently one UKIP candidate thought it would be unprofessional NOT to use an old Jag as his vehicle in response to the pink bus thing one party is using for women voters
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

Mitsuru

#4 Post by Mitsuru » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:50 pm

I found the article about it and the photo.
Please note that UKip keep stating that they are more honest compared to the other political parties.
Now read the stickers on the car, I think that an 'S' has been missed of votes!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... oters.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-Jag.html

rich.

#5 Post by rich. » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:24 am

vote for me :lol:

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:52 am

Cash gets my vote any time of the day. Arguably, Merle Haggard has the better voice, a better hat collection and is still alive, but you can't have it all ways and there's nothing to beat "Ring of Fire" to kick off that karaoke party.

How about a spot of Johnny:

https://youtu.be/EQWYc3_vE0I
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mitsuru

#7 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:43 pm

Well expect our taxes to go higher and fuel bill to sky rocket the EU striks again!
THE EU has handed out £6.5m in taxpayer-funded grants to eco activists – including a group who are pushing Brussels to SUE the UK.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/567075 ... UE-Britain

rich.

#8 Post by rich. » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Mitsuru wrote:I found the article about it and the photo.
Please note that UKip keep stating that they are more honest compared to the other political parties.
Now read the stickers on the car, I think that an 'S' has been missed of votes!!!

would you buy a used car from this man :lol:

Martin Evans

#9 Post by Martin Evans » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:43 pm

I took the log book (Also took MOT & insurance just in case) for the V8 to the Post Office today and they were able to deal with it. The taxation class has been altered from PLG to historic (New log book to follow) and the car is now taxed FOC. Couldn't have been easier :D . Thankyou George :D :D . Let's hope that Ed doesn't Balls this up :evil: :!:
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

rich.

#10 Post by rich. » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:54 pm

great news mate :thumbs: more money to spend on petrol! :D