What's this?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: What's this?

#151 Post by JPB » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:44 am

No, but I know a man who can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UrG-hY8kUc

Rich, you stay among them so tell us; do all French people eat Daewoo Matices? I'd have expected them to munch on the odd Renault 4 now and again. :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#152 Post by rich. » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:04 pm

ive not seen one on the menu in local restaurants although i have eaten kangaroo a few times..

TerryG

#153 Post by TerryG » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Are their kangaroos living in the land of Frogs?
We have wallabies over here(!)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

tractorman

#154 Post by tractorman » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:52 pm

rich. wrote:ive not seen one on the menu in local restaurants although i have eaten kangaroo a few times..
Are you sure your spelling checker works properly? I thought they were called "Kangoos" ;)

JPB

#155 Post by JPB » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:46 pm

:idea: Hmm, Rich's marsupial-related post gives me an idea. How about we try to find a classic motor vehicle that has some form of connection with another (non-motoring) thing?
Kangaroo must be as good a place as any to start. Please find a classic that has some connection with a kangaroo! :lol:

rich. wrote:ive not seen one on the menu in local restaurants although i have eaten kangaroo a few times..
Most of us probably have, the difference with French restaurants is that they admit that it's kangaroo and don't try to pass it off as horse, Quorn or armadillo. ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#156 Post by rich. » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:36 pm

only if you have eaten it john?

bnicho

#157 Post by bnicho » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:23 am

You want a car with a Kangaroo connection?

How about a Mini K 1100. Sold here from 1968 to 1971. I've owned both two vans and a and sedan version over the years.

This was my van, yes it was born with those decals on the A-panels and that grille. Although various other bits are not original. Sold in 2006 to another club member three hours after I advertised it!

Cheers,
Brett Nicholson
1965 Morris Mini Traveller - Trixie
1966 Austin Mini Super-Deluxe - Audrey
1969 Morris Mini Van - Desert Assault Van
1971 Morris Moke - Mopoke
1974 VW Super Beetle - Olive
2009 Nissan Pathfinder

JPB

#158 Post by JPB » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:24 am

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Sweet mini, I'm especially fond of these Australian doors; keep fit windows and external hinges = best of both worlds! :thumbs:
J

tractorman

#159 Post by tractorman » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Did the Mini-van (or pick-up) ever get windy windows and hidden hinges? I confess it's a heck of a long time since an ex-friend had an 'S' reg van, but I thought it had sliding windows. The only reason I remember it was an 'S' reg is because the scrapman bought the van for the number plate (and still uses the reg number on his Japanese 4x4 thing).

I certainly drove a 'K' reg Mini van with sliding windows, that was even earlier (somewhere around '74) and was used by the "New Holland" man at the David Brown agency - New Holland only did implements in those days and the fitter used to carry all sorts of heavy stuff across fields in his Mini van!

JPB

#160 Post by JPB » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:21 pm

All UK mini vans got sliding windows, only the Australian (query & SA models?) vans had keep fit windows like the ones in Brett's photo, though they also got oddities such as Clubmen with the same external hinges and windows (keep fit type with opening quarter panes).
J