JPR Wildcat E-Type kitcar ad in latest PC's mag: £18,500?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
jackabee

JPR Wildcat E-Type kitcar ad in latest PC's mag: £18,500?

#1 Post by jackabee » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Was browsing through the latest issue of Practical Classics mag at my local shop today, and whilst looking through the classifieds section at the back, there was an ad for a Kitcar JPR Wildcat (E-Type replica); the asking price I thought was a little bit ridiculous - £18.500 :o, and to my knowledge, Wildcats generally go for around £10-15 grand in good nick (if you're lucky). Whether the description of the ad was incorrect and this was actually a Challenger E-Type replica (which sounds about right for the asking price), or a real one (very unlikely for £18,500). However, what I found odd about this (and one or two other cars advertised in the magazine) was that I could find no trace it of it on the classifieds of the PC's website (classic cars for sale), nor could I find any mention of this car on any other website, only within the magazine. The photo of the car was in the mag was very small, with no other additional photos and was of poor quality to be be able to tell whether it was a Wildcat, but the general description (if memory serves me right) of the car, engine, etc, seemed to be correct for a Wildcat. Has anyone come across this ad anywhere else other than the magazine?. Wildcats seldom come up for sale.

Ad description read something like: "historic reg. E-Type replica, selling due to immigration. Power steering, 4.0L specification. beautiful car. £18,500. TEL:...BIRMINGHAM" Quite strange for a Wildcat to have a 4litre engine in it; most Wildcats are based on Ford running gear, with the majority of them having V6, Pinto or V8 engines in them.

I search the classifieds on Classicscarsforsale, and others, on a regular basis, but I havn't come across this particular car for sale except in the magazine, which I find quite odd in today's internet market. I remember seeing, a while back, a series 3 E-Type, for sale in Liverpool which was advertised in the magazine, but again, upon looking for it on their website, and others like ebay, etc, I could find no trace of it. Maybe people just prefer to sell their cars via magazine and not via the net, but I can't imagine it attracting many interested buyers that way.
Attachments
JPR Wildcat for sale.jpg
JPR Wildcat for sale.jpg (103.55 KiB) Viewed 1154 times