John John ! Fibreglass mini !!!

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: John John ! Fibreglass mini !!!

#231 Post by JPB » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:45 pm

:mrgreen:
Aron, I had made a reply, ready to paste in response to your post about these other engines and stuff but when my reply was finally assembled, and a suitable image found to show broken timing chain-related carnage from a BMW MINI's engine, you'd deleted your post. :(
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#232 Post by rich. » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:49 pm

is aron busy re transplanting his neon engine into a bmw maxi now?

JPB

#233 Post by JPB » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:01 pm

No, our man in County Durham was suggesting that I might consider committing minicide :oops: by giving a real mini a Brazilian. :shock: (Engine, out of a BMW MINI)

My reply to that perfectly logical - if slightly warped - notion was that Toyota 4A-F/A-G engines are cheap, plentiful, fairly light, non-interference and are already plotting up in minis, such as Project Binky the star of the amazing youtube video series that some of us are following in the youtube thread. 8-)
Hmm, I'm just nipping out while it's still light, methinks I need bonnet locks on the Liftback of Notre Dame, as the damned sis-in-law beast will insist on calling my daily modern old car.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mitsuru

#234 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:43 pm

It appears the android tablet took one and wiped it's self out! hence the accidental deletion of
the post!

I did mention the engine used in both the bmw mini and the mk1 neons being the 1.4 and 1.6.
BUT! I also mentioned the 1.8, 2.0 and 2.4 engines used by Chrysler which are also Mitsubishi
engines or reworked Mitsubishi engines (same body and layout apart from the cylinder head)
but I should have emphasised that part more clearly!

The reason for mentioning them is the fact that all of those engines used the same 5 speed manual
and automatic transmissions so interchangeable. The same SOHC engine but earlier electronics
along with transmissions were also used in the Chrysler/Talbot badged cars!

Which means if I hadn't found a running 3.3 V6 out of a Voyager I could have Used a 3.0 V6 out of a
Shogun which probably would have bolted up to a standard neon working transmission if I had one!

I was trying to suggest a Chrysler or Mitsubishi lump depending if you wanted the exhaust pipes at
the back of the head like the chrysler or the front like the mbitsubishi! As that is the only real
difference between the two engines.
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

rich.

#235 Post by rich. » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:53 pm

when are you doing a voyager powered mini aron :D
https://www.google.fr/search?q=star+tre ... yager+ship

Mitsuru

#236 Post by Mitsuru » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:08 pm

I want to finish the voyager powered neon first! Bad few days with migraines someone's bonfire up
wind makes the 1812 overture on full volume in surround sound seem tame!
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

JPB

#237 Post by JPB » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Mitsuru wrote:....someone's wind makes the 1812 overture on full volume in surround sound seem tame!
:oops:
Knife Party could have that Tchaikovsky in a battle. With this!

An ideal tune for playing on one's car wireless set, I think. :|
J

rich.

#238 Post by rich. » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:31 pm

i prefer to listen to the cricket... even when we are losing....

megadethmaniac

#239 Post by megadethmaniac » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:56 pm

what do you mean even when we are losing. Makes it sound like we win on a regular basis...

rich.

#240 Post by rich. » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:22 am

i mean on that rare occasion that england come second.... :lol: love listening to the commentators.... even saint geoff boycott :D