John John ! Fibreglass mini !!!

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Mitsuru

Re: John John ! Fibreglass mini !!!

#241 Post by Mitsuru » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:23 pm

The perfic funeral send off fore yea!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/595231 ... an-funeral
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

JPB

#242 Post by JPB » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:55 pm

Perfick because the van broke down, or perfick because I'd die with such embarrassment if I took that final drive in a Reliant Rialto with its front wheel missing..
:lol:

Sorry to disappoint, but I already have my funeral paid up and the only thing not filled in on the paperwork is the date. I fancied a winter funeral but apparently it's cheaper to die in spring, so spring it shall be. According to the S in L beast, who's very kindly offered to pay. 8-)
My wheels for the event will be an early (split screen, high scuttle) Bedford CA and the mourner will travel on her own Sunbeam motorcycle. She's already polished the tyres and given its frame a good rub with the oily rag. :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mitsuru

#243 Post by Mitsuru » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:17 pm

With my father it will be a case of setting off early and driving slowly constantly having it in the
wrong gear, and pulling into the wrong side of the road going arond corners!

For me it would have to be a cruise of whitby kustom style with the hearse flooring it at the lights! :twisted:

Unless it's Christine that kills me then she can haul me to the crem with the coffin on the roof rack! :lol:
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

zipgun

#244 Post by zipgun » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:47 pm

JPB

#245 Post by JPB » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:07 pm

:lol: Yeah, I saw that and my eyes are only just recovering. Fair play to the creator of the thing because it is really difficult to do a "different" mini or mini derivative project. So I'm off to find the eye patches that the Doctor made me wear last time I got a flash from the carbon arc torch..
:oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

zipgun

#246 Post by zipgun » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Getting warmer !
but i bet its got osmosis
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-minus-sh ... _966wt_958

megadethmaniac

#247 Post by megadethmaniac » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:55 pm

are you going to get any closer to the holy grail?

Looks interesting... bet it will quickly be snapped up

JPB

#248 Post by JPB » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:13 pm

I wouldn't fit inside a Minus! :oops: Still, a very good way to rebuild one's "tax free" :lol: mini bits into an unused shell that counts as a replacement part, so enabling the car to retain the identity that was found on the floor of that damp barn after the steel remains had all been swept away.
J

zipgun

#249 Post by zipgun » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:57 pm

Not mini's, but Automatics with interesting engines! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ligier-JS4-Se ... 1859753166

JPB

#250 Post by JPB » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:11 am

I love these wee Ligier things! The later Ambra and similar modern "heavy quad" class vehicles - from Microcar and Aixam - don't really do it for me but the raw, weird original? Cool as, IMHO.
:thumbs:
Who else remembers when every large Associated Dairies, Walter Wilson, Hintons or Scotmid had a car just like that in their store? 8-) They were usually between the cash tills and the door, equipped with a coin op mechanism to make them rock about a bit. The better ones had a recording of authentic engine noise and a flashing lamp on the roof.
Thanks for the nostalgia trip / project car suggestion. :mrgreen:
J