John John ! Fibreglass mini !!!

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: John John ! Fibreglass mini !!!

#261 Post by JPB » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:32 pm

TerryG wrote:Rich, if you do a google image search for "cummins mini" you will find lots of pics.
:shock:

Rich, assuming it's not too late already, please make sure that your search engine of choice is set to "safe" before typing in the above!
"A friend" :? :oops: has done that search and found lots of images showing things that even watching a repeat of a particularly wholesome (when Joanie was still sweet & innocent) episode of well-known, 1970s American TV "comedy" Happy Days - through the darkest screen I own for my welding mask - can't help to remove from my that "friend's" already fraggled mind.

J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#262 Post by rich. » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:21 am

found this john, i hope it makes you feel better!
http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=h ... YQrQMIRTAN

JPB

#263 Post by JPB » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:20 am

Oof! :drool: Yep, Cummins. :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

JPB

#265 Post by JPB » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Hmm, these are illegally dark tints on that first van's windscreen methinks! :mrgreen: But what a cool wee thing, and free to tax as it's electric, old and a toy. I only just noticed that last thing.
Aptly named eBay seller 'dreamcars58', amusingly :roll: wrote:Any fan of Alan Bennett, Dame Maggie Smith or Bedford vans
Yep, there's nothing like keeping your options open and that was nothing like, etc. :lol:

Funnily enough, I have that very film on a USB pendrive currently sitting in one of the ports on the telly. I was planning to watch it some time soon but now you've posted the link and I've been made aware that I fail to qualify on two from three criteria :| , so I should really format the dongle and put some long foreign movie - with subtitles, liberal nudity and a 1980s Old Skool HipHop soundtrack - on there instead.
:|
J

rich.

#266 Post by rich. » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:36 am

JPB wrote: some long foreign movie - with subtitles, liberal nudity and a 1980s Old Skool HipHop soundtrack - on there instead.
:|
will this foreign film have old bedfords in it too?

TerryG

#267 Post by TerryG » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:48 am

rich. wrote:will this foreign film have old bedfords in it too?
Knowing John, it will feature scantily clad young ladies of dubious reputation ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#268 Post by JPB » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:00 am

rich. wrote:...will this foreign film have old bedfords in it too?
Possibly. :thumbs:
TerryG wrote:Knowing John, it will feature scantily clad young ladies of dubious reputation ;)
:shock: Er, define dubious please? :oops:
J

rich.

#269 Post by rich. » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:48 pm

JPB wrote:
rich. wrote:...will this foreign film have old bedfords in it too?
Possibly. :thumbs:
TerryG wrote:Knowing John, it will feature scantily clad young ladies of dubious reputation ;)
:shock: Er, define dubious please? :oops:

with pictures :lol:

JPB

#270 Post by JPB » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Pictures and sound effects..

You know the sort of thing: The symphonic moan (first gear), the howls of joy as the driver finally gets it in after ages spent wiggling it around seemingly in vain (the gearbox into fourth, what else did you think I might have been on about?), the romantic melodies from the roof just above the driver's head as he finds that shiny, red knob (mine was an ice cream van version, remember.. :D ) and not forgetting the moment when the jerking around finally stops and you can pull it out and go home (there's only just enough room in the back for two people and the freezer, so we pull it out of the car park where we've been flogging Mivvis all day in order to make enough cash for the petrol to do it all again tomorrow..).
Happy Days, which brings us back to Mr Fonzarelli methinks.. :|
J