John John ! Fibreglass mini !!!

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: John John ! Fibreglass mini !!!

#281 Post by JPB » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:08 pm

:thumbs:
I've seen an FRA shell at close quarters and that one looked pretty good, with a Reliant-like mat thickness of up to a quarter of an inch in some areas, bonded in subframe mounts, removable front ends which appeals as one week it could be a round nosed mini, the next a Clubman front could be swapped in for a laugh.
I'm still keeping my eyes peeled in the hope of finding a good plastic mini that can be tested and on the road within a few weeks, though getting out of a mini isn't as easy as it was in the 1980s and having either two strong passengers or some form of inbuilt crane would be essential in case I got trapped between the steering wheel and the seat, my usual mini-related trick..
:oops:
TerryG wrote:No good for John, He only trusts Nigerian generals who offer to send him a mini in exchange for him providing them with his bank account details to get their fortune out of the country ;)
Terry, if you could perhaps point me in the direction of such an arrangement, I might be able to help out with the General's plight. I'd just as soon have a Peugeot 504 though please, after all, they're the indigenous car of that great country and I just like them, no idea why, but I do, maybe it's because they look French, but are in fact African, just like wossisface, that actor with the posh gob and the Ray Reardon hair, now what on earth is his name?..
:P

:idea: Oh yes. Richard E Grant, that's the fella.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: