How often have you left a tool on the roof and driven off?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Paul240480

Re: How often have you left a tool on the roof and driven off?

#21 Post by Paul240480 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:28 pm

When I was in the old bill :roll: I left the dragon light on the roof of the BMW Area-Car, whilst loading my kit for the shift. Drove out of the yard onto the A27 and 'THUMP' at it got the rear off-side. Jumped out of my skin & initially thought I'd pulled out on a moped or cycle!.
Turned out to be said Dragon light! The shoulder strap was shut in the door as I closed it, luckily for me. So I was saved from making out what would of been an embarrassing report
No damage to car or the lamp :lol: .

Then there was a shift oppo', on running out of the Nick to the van on a shout...... His radio slipped out of its holder and hit the deck...... He didn't realise until he got the job and tried to call in...... On returning to the Nick, he found a mangled radio. He'd only driven over on his departure :lol:

UKJeeper

#22 Post by UKJeeper » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:36 am

Lost a few tools from the front bumper of the Wrangler. It's a flat tray where the winch sits, so is a perfect tool bench when I'm under the bonnet.

Whats not so perfect is my memory...

Left a solar charger and battery pack combo on the roof of the Volvo while at work. Got home to find the solar panel clinging to the roof rack. Never found the battery pack...

And earlier this year I put my wallet on the roof before leaving for work. Via a 70mph run down the A130/A127... Gone.

On the brighter side, I went to a 'pay n play 4x4 site a couple years back for a day out. Pulled up in the car park and found a Snap-On breaker bar with 21mm socket someone had left behind. :thumbs:

jimtylee

#23 Post by jimtylee » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:41 am

I left my girlfriend on the roof and drove off luckily no damage found on the roof after
jim

GHT

#24 Post by GHT » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:56 pm

jimtylee wrote:I left my girlfriend on the roof and drove off luckily no damage found on the roof after
jim
Some bird shat on the roof of my car. I don't remember leaving her there though.