Car SOS - New Series!!!

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
UKJeeper

Re: Car SOS - New Series!!!

#61 Post by UKJeeper » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Are we sitting comfortably? Half hour to go...

Phil P

#62 Post by Phil P » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:31 pm

Please accept my sincere apology for the joke about the drums on the Volvo Amazon. It was completely spontaneous. I expected it to be edited out. Contrary to popular belief nothing is scripted.

The finish on that car was fantastic. Another top job by Nathan Barber and Richard Ball. Nathan's the one with the pony tail. Apparently the Volvo agent in Denmark asked if Westgate could get the same finish on the new cars in the show room!! I'm hoping Nathan will paint my jeep tub when it's ready.

TerryG

#63 Post by TerryG » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:20 pm

You sounded really happy about working on the OVLOV Phil ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

kevin

#64 Post by kevin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:55 am

Extra day off on the end of Easter so up early to watch the amazon episode in the calm and quiet of what is an early morning.
Once again, a superb result and a worthy cause.

Kev

UKJeeper

#65 Post by UKJeeper » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:21 am

Phil P wrote:Please accept my sincere apology for the joke about the drums on the Volvo Amazon. It was completely spontaneous. I expected it to be edited out. Contrary to popular belief nothing is scripted.

The finish on that car was fantastic. Another top job by Nathan Barber and Richard Ball. Nathan's the one with the pony tail. Apparently the Volvo agent in Denmark asked if Westgate could get the same finish on the new cars in the show room!! I'm hoping Nathan will paint my jeep tub when it's ready.
Don't apologize. Funniest moment of the show! :thumbs:

(and if you read this, go and look at my post in the "what classic did you see today" thread. I think you'll like it.)

Merp0

#66 Post by Merp0 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Really enjoyable show. The best reaction to the finished car was the guy with the Cortina, priceless. The Amazon sitting in the Volvo showroom looked stunning.
As for slagging of other car shows, I'd rather watch 100 mediocre car shows rather than watch another cookery or DIY show :thumbs:

TerryG

#67 Post by TerryG » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Merp0 wrote:I'd rather watch 100 mediocre car shows rather than watch another cookery or DIY show :thumbs:
That's fair enough but Classic Car "Rescue" isn't mediocre, it's completely pants.

I do agree that the reaction of the gent with the Tina has a superb reaction but if you opened your garage and saw that inside it, your reaction would be amazing too. One thing you can say for the westgate team is they really know how to make a car look special.

Phil P

#68 Post by Phil P » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:07 am

The Cortina guy and his family are really nice folks and so appreciative of the work to get the car done. They came to Westgate earlier this year along with a few others including the guy with the MG TA and his family for a showing of the MG and the Porche programmes on a big screen. A super night with curry and tinnies laid on by Renegade Pictures. A chance to meet again some of the car owners. It made working to 4-00 am worth it!! :lol:

The TV doesn't do the finish on the cars justice. Oops I think I've just alienated all the film crew! Sorry. :oops:

Don't forget to nominate a worthy cause for the next series. Something simple, no rot, no missing parts, engine runs, good tyres, trim perfect....... ;)

Check out the NatGeo website for what's on next Monday. :o

Did I tell there are some beautiful sunsets and sunrises over Westgate Classics.

TerryG

#69 Post by TerryG » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:17 am

Phil P wrote:Don't forget to nominate a worthy cause for the next series
When does it air Phil? ;)

UKJeeper

#70 Post by UKJeeper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:20 am

Phil P wrote:
Don't forget to nominate a worthy cause for the next series.
Already done ;) .