Car SOS

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
sierra3dr

Car SOS

#1 Post by sierra3dr » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:04 am

I don't see a seperate topic about,it's been mentioned in the topic about the dreadful Classic car rescue. I've only got freeview channels,just hope I don't need to subscribe to Sky. Perhaps it can be viewed on the National Geographic website. There's also the topuptv cards. How's everyone watching it?

JPB

Re: Car SOS

#2 Post by JPB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:54 am

That'll be because there isn't a thread. Where do you get topup tv cards? My PVR came with the slot when I bought that three years back, but it isn't a topup branded one so the card has to be bought separately. Where? :?

Not that this relates either, since National Geographic channel is only available on the satellite telly or Android, which is handy. Looking at it on a 5" screen's better than not looking at it at all! :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Topaz

#3 Post by Topaz » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Starts on Thursday 7th Feb

Details here http://natgeotv.com/uk/car-sos

Anything has to be better than the 'Classic Car Rescue' programme with switched cars, faked restoration, swearing, sackings, door slamming etc etc - I wonder what happened to the cars from that programme? From the brief information on the web site at least these look like proper restorations for real people - pity there's only 4 - what about another series?

Mike

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:03 pm

But where can a card be obtained to enable a terrestrial topup telly viewer to see it other than on the National Geographic Channel Android stream, which is better than nothing but doesn't leave both hands free?
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

sierra3dr

#5 Post by sierra3dr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 am

I can only find this http://www.topuptv.com/contact+us Although I do work up to midnight most days,so I could end up not being able to watch it. Probably I can record it,are VHS tapes still available?

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:52 am

:? Yes, of course they are, but Betamax ones are hellish expensive these days and guess which format my machines use... :(

And thanks for the link, looks like I simply need to sign up as a new subscriber and they'll sort the card. :thumb:
J

fuzztownshend

#7 Post by fuzztownshend » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 pm

I hope that you enjoy the show just as much as I enjoyed making it.
I assure you that any expressions of stress and associated expletives are the genuine article.
There are 10 shows altogether in the series, with cars ranging in date from 1928 to 1986
Let me know what you think of it.
All the best,
Fuzz Townshend

MG Mal

#8 Post by MG Mal » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 pm

All the best,
Fuzz Townshend
I think the first episode of the next series should be my scimitar!. :D

I'll let you know when I'm going out etc....... ;)

TerryG

#9 Post by TerryG » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Also if you want to do an episode on welding the B pillars on a morris minor then re-spraying it, mine is available ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

suffolkpete

#10 Post by suffolkpete » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 pm

fuzztownshend wrote:I hope that you enjoy the show just as much as I enjoyed making it.
I assure you that any expressions of stress and associated expletives are the genuine article.
There are 10 shows altogether in the series, with cars ranging in date from 1928 to 1986
All the best,
Fuzz Townshend
Shame it's not available to a wider audience :(
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6