Car SOS

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Oldcarnut

Re: Car SOS

#251 Post by Oldcarnut » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:36 pm

TerryG wrote:He had 2 different Freelander's depending on which episode you watch and all the vehicles driven by the team were landies. Makes you wonder who sponsored the series ;)
How about Mark Evans (of "is born" fame). He is great at explaining things in English and making tedious jobs look interesting.
Absolutely, a proper car resto show.The motorcycle shows were also very detailed.

JPB

#252 Post by JPB » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 am

The Datsun works at Washington is close to the Wear, well away from the Tyne but I guess nobody dared point that out to Lord Suggs in case he scowled them to death. Yes, I was referring to the Jeep. Out here in the real world, anything 4x4 that doesn't work on a farm for its living must by default belong to a family of travellers or a rural purveyor of pharmaceuticals. I say "belong to"...... :lol:

Mark Evans was always a pleasure to watch but I would argue that if anything, his restoration shows were slightly too far biased toward the restorer :o and didn't offer much for the rest of the family. Now there's a good thing for those of us who hang around at this forum but possibly why thae shows didn't make the move away from virtual obscurity to a TV channel that people with aerials are able to see.
I believe that the shows would have succeeded had they been made now, when anything that's not available on the telly - such as Car SOS - is easily found on its original site, via Android apps and now on youtube too. Doctor Evans' series were before their time in that way.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

SEE YA

#253 Post by SEE YA » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:25 am

Question was last week the last programme of Car SOS ?
EVERY MILE IS A SMILE

TerryG

#254 Post by TerryG » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:26 am

Yes :(
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

TerryG

#255 Post by TerryG » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:30 pm

Purely as salvage squad has been mentioned earlier in this thread, Jerry is now writing for Land Rover Owner.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

fuzztownshend

#256 Post by fuzztownshend » Sun May 05, 2013 10:54 am

Hello all,
I've just received the news that we'll be making a new series of Car SOS, this year.
Therefore, may I suggest that if you know any deserving folks out there who have been unable to sort out their classic car, for whatever reason, then please drop an email to Renegade Pictures Ltd, with full details of the car and the story behind the stalled resto'.
All the best,
Fuzz

UKJeeper

#257 Post by UKJeeper » Sun May 05, 2013 11:34 am

fuzztownshend wrote:Hello all,
I've just received the news that we'll be making a new series of Car SOS, this year.
Therefore, may I suggest that if you know any deserving folks out there who have been unable to sort out their classic car, for whatever reason, then please drop an email to Renegade Pictures Ltd, with full details of the car and the story behind the stalled resto'.
All the best,
Fuzz
Done. Thanks.

rich.

#258 Post by rich. » Mon May 06, 2013 6:27 am

can you fix my flippin alternator?

Phil P

#259 Post by Phil P » Mon May 06, 2013 6:53 am

Hi rich.

I've spotted the problem straight away, it's not supposed to flip it's supposed to alternate. I hope this helps. ;)

If anybody suggests a stalled project for series 2 Car SOS then NO Rover P6's!!

Phil

Grumpy Northener

#260 Post by Grumpy Northener » Mon May 06, 2013 7:47 am

NO Rover P6's!!
:o Whats wrong with a Rover P6
DSC01206.JPG
DSC01206.JPG (88.39 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Nothing if you own a properly sorted one :D (With apologies for being smug)
1937 Jowett 8 - Project - in less pieces than the Jupiter
1943 Jowett Stationary Engine
1952 Jowett Jupiter - In lots of peices http://Jowett.org/
1952 Jowett Javelin - Largely original
1973 Rover P6 V8 - Original / 22,000 miles