Car SOS

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
fuzztownshend

Re: Car SOS

#61 Post by fuzztownshend » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm

The Beetle hid its rot well, but I think that we found it all.
It was the first car that we did and I'm sure we all look younger and psychologically sound.
Fuzzer

Phil P

#62 Post by Phil P » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm

No comment!

Phil

TerryG

#63 Post by TerryG » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:38 pm

By hidden rot do you mean chicken wire and filler?

So far I think the Jeep is my favourite one, Beetle 2nd and Fiat 3rd.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Oldcarnut

#64 Post by Oldcarnut » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm

I am not warming to Tim I think at all, he is not what you call a grafter :| .He wants all the bling and easy jobs. Posing along in his Saab :roll: .I myself don't like to see classic cars all blinged up.it ruins them.That Beetle is fine but if it was left to Tim, it would be ruined.After all, its not his car,you cant go putting what you want on some else's car.

Anyway rant over.That guy with all the VW parts and who rebuilt the engine was also involved with the other TV project, i.e "Beetle Crisis" resto.I liked the finished colour on that.I thought he was in the other one the type 2 VW, "Campervan Crisis", but not sure.I thought the old engine was going to fall on the floor when it was coming out :P .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj5XEV4XIMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hChxN2RjkNc

jjp666

#65 Post by jjp666 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:50 pm

liking the show, looking forward to the rest of the series.

did you notice the state of the MOT testers hands when he was checking the seat belts - very surprised Fuzz let him near the car.

75nut

#66 Post by 75nut » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:50 am

Enjoyed the beetle one. Again I would have like to see a little more detail on the repairs done and bodywork techniques but Fuzz has explained the reasoning behind this and I did feel it had a good balance. Tim did make me laugh deciding to do the engine removal in his smart casuals, while Fuzz was in a boiler. Tim was caked in crap when he got off the floor!

EricTheRed

#67 Post by EricTheRed » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:41 pm

Yes the Beetle episode was pretty good but we could have done without that pathetic mock argument between Tim and Fuzz at the parts shop about whether they were going for a Cal or retro look ! :roll:

JPB

#68 Post by JPB » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:55 pm

EricTheRed wrote:Yes the Beetle episode was pretty good but we could have done without that pathetic mock argument between Tim and Fuzz at the parts shop about whether they were going for a Cal or retro look !
I'm seeing a theme here, Eric. Tell you what; how about the production company hands over to you then the show will be perfect. Nobody will argue with anybody, flowers will grow in the mud and there'll be a DOG at the top right of the screen to warn us whether what we're looking at is real, staged or likely to contain banter between adult human beings. We couldn't possibly allow that now, could we.
Roy Walker, sensing the presence of the elephant, wrote:It's good but it's not right......
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

EricTheRed

#69 Post by EricTheRed » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:21 pm

JPB wrote:Tell you what; how about the production company hands over to you then the show will be perfect.
OK. If you can arrange it!

Phil P

#70 Post by Phil P » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:24 pm

The series is aimed at everybody from the real classic car restorer to those with an interest in the subject but are also interested in the 'social' side and cars history. If only the restoration work was shown some folks will turn over and no restoration then the restorers will turn off. It's striking a balance. The series tries not to fall into the trap of some of the others. You can please some of the people etc.

The good thing is all the guys who worked on the cars are listed and quite often shown working on the projects. Not many of the other series does that.

Phil