volvo 850 t5

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Luxobarge

Re: volvo 850 t5

#11 Post by Luxobarge » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 pm

TerryG wrote:Wasn't the seller prepaired to haggle? It must be worth a punt at £500 for what is probably a couple of bushes and a dirty sensor.
Hi - no, they weren't prepared to haggle that much no, and at the end of the day I just don't have time to do the jobs on it right now - and there's the oil leak too, these are known for failed rear main seals and it's a gearbox-out job to fix.

Hey, I'll probably change my mind on it by the end of the week! But I think I can do better than that - the OP seems to have done!

Cheers :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Paul240480

Re: volvo 850 t5

#12 Post by Paul240480 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Luxobarge wrote:
TerryG wrote:Wasn't the seller prepaired to haggle? It must be worth a punt at £500 for what is probably a couple of bushes and a dirty sensor.
Hi - no, they weren't prepared to haggle that much no, and at the end of the day I just don't have time to do the jobs on it right now - and there's the oil leak too, these are known for failed rear main seals and it's a gearbox-out job to fix.

Hey, I'll probably change my mind on it by the end of the week! But I think I can do better than that - the OP seems to have done!

Cheers :D
Don't fret, for £1000 you'll find a cracker, they are out there. If it does'nt look right walk away as you have. Find a gooden & it'll serve you well.

I sold mine some years back, it's still rollin'.

I recall once 'flooring it' for a middle lane spot on the M27, when swmbo shouted, "Paul.... CARAVAN". I kept it floored got my gap & left the car that was in the middle lane eatin' caravan dust :lol:

I now have a more sedate 2.5GLT 20v with a mere 170hp. Oh & my ever faithful 240 Est too :D