WARNING contains Maestros

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

WARNING contains Maestros

#1 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Several of us from the Maestro & Montego owners club met up today and went along to the Austin / Morris owners day at Brooklands,we decided to meet up beforehand and travel in convoy (safety in numbers you see).
Repulsed,the organisers ushered us to a spot at the back of the venue where we would not be seen by the paying public.
Enjoy the pics,if you can :-
My photogenic little beauty,and Isobel.
Enjoying a picnic,with chocolate buttons.
And for the really perverse amongst you ,this :-
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

M Paul Lloyd

Re: WARNING contains Maestros

#2 Post by M Paul Lloyd » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Nice, thanks for sharing.. ;)
May the light at the end of your long dark tunnel not be a train travelling the other way.
http://sciencefocus.com/forum/index.php ... e0b9d88e25

rich.

#3 Post by rich. » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:56 pm

now why would they hide you around the back??

i didnt realise there are that many running maestros etc left...

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Ooh. I'm feeling much love for the Ital camper van thing, and can there be another car that makes beige desirable like a Maestro or Montego does? Give me one of those over a Ford or GM product every time.

Respect is due to the Maestro, Montego (and Ital camper) aficionados for preserving these motors in the face of snobbery from the classic car "establishment".
:)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mrotwoman

#5 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Ta John,you have to get used to the comments,and have your tongue firmly planted in cheek to drive one,but recently values of good early ones have been rising :)
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:Ta John, you have to get used to the comments,and have your tongue firmly planted in cheek to drive one,but recently values of good early ones have been rising :)
I reckon that statement could be transplanted into pretty much any decade from the '60s to now...
Going back to the early '80s, my A40 Farina (a 1963 car) was reluctantly allowed into shows among exhibitors who were mostly displaying stuff from the mid '50s and before, then, in the late '80s, my old blue Dolly was received in the same, lukewarm way. That was a 1972 car that I happened to enjoy as I do my current one, but the way some owners of older Triumphs looked at the thing, you'd have thought that I'd driven into an event with Oliver Reed tied, naked, to the roof rack.

Sadly, Oliver Reed died before I got around to asking him whether he'd be up for that.
:|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mrotwoman

#7 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:49 pm

Still,there's always Mike Reed (Ex-Radio 1,I think the Eastenders one is dead too).