COLEMAN EVENT SHELTER

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Dollina

COLEMAN EVENT SHELTER

#1 Post by Dollina » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:30 am

Our club is fed up with our old heavy large difficult to transport gazebo.

They are interested in the Coleman event shelter - I am dubious. It doesn't look like it withsatnd the high winds often experienced on show fields, is probably difficult to dry (although it says its not waterproof), fragile and prone to damage. I am a seasoned camper and have seen the fate of many a badly designed "Gizmo". Gazebos turning into large kites or piles of fabric and poles flopping about the end of a guy rope.

As I haven't seen many of these in use, I'd love some honest opinions about this product from SHOWGOERS. Can only find reviews from campin sites really.

Have you got one? Did you find it heavy etc etc.

Cheers.

delboy_trotter

Re: COLEMAN EVENT SHELTER

#2 Post by delboy_trotter » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Brilliant bits of kit - our mini club has one, the main criteria for us was it had to fit in the back of a mini, at leats on the back seat, preferably the boot.

It really is a great peice of kit, we've put ours up in high winds and its been fine, shelter from the sun is great, rain ok it can blow through but it keeps the worst off.

As for drying it doesn't take long, drape it over the washing line on a breezy day and it will dry really quickly. Transport is easy as it fits in a mini so it ain't big and heavy, for our old ones we had to transport them on a roof so the events shelter has been a massive step forward and doesn't rely on the generostiy of a club memeber to transport it

Rustaddict

Re: COLEMAN EVENT SHELTER

#3 Post by Rustaddict » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Seconded, a friend of mine has one, my gazeebo is trashed & I am saving up for one of these.
Far superior to a gazeebo & because of the dome design handles adverse weather much better.

To be honest most camping stuff made by coleman is worth its salt.

Laters.