What classic vehicles have you seen?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: What classic vehicles have you seen?

#2131 Post by JPB » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:24 pm

That looks pretty good for a trike, but it doesn't look much like the Reliant Supervan its V5 says it is! OK, so a 21E has extras - 21 of them to be exact - but I'm pretty sure that the 21 didn't include a thumping great V8!
I'd love a hurl on it though. :twisted:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

megadethmaniac

#2132 Post by megadethmaniac » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 am

Surely that should be on a Q plate? Very much doubt that anything would be from the original vehicle.

Atodini

#2133 Post by Atodini » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:09 am

I suspect that the owner of this trike will likely soon get a nasty surprise....

https://www.heritagecarinsurance.co.uk/ ... -prove-it/

The above link explains better than the recent DVLA announcement.

Admittedly one of my pet hates - "Historic" vehicles that are in no way historic.....

Oh & hi young John - long time no communicate (but I've been lurking here for over 4 years) - just decided it was time to "come out".

John P
"I thought I was wrong once - But I was wrong"...

JPB

#2134 Post by JPB » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:53 am

:D Not so sure about the "young" but I'll take the compliment anyway! Unless of course it was aimed at a different John, who really is young. Four years eh? That's world class lurking, John. ;)

I think that, were I in the market for the automotive equivalent of beating myself along the lugs with a flat iron, I'd not be too worried about the potential remedial paperwork needed to get past the trike's somewhat dubious use of the Regal's identity, but once correctly (legally) registered in line with the current rules surrounding this, I reckon that thing would be rather entertaining to ride. :twisted:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Atodini

#2135 Post by Atodini » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Well you're a fair bit younger than I, so I reckon I can get away with it.....

That trike really looks well built, and having had a couple of trikes pass through my hands about 15 years ago, I think I know a bit about them, and yes they are great fun..... Really needs to be on a Q though as many are being re-registered nowadays following DVLA intervention.

I actually "inherited" a couple of projects some years ago, one of which (based on a Gold Wing but registered as a Reliant) was that lethal I broke it immediately - hell the thing actually sagged in the middle when I sat on it and I'm no heavyweight.... The other though, based on a plastic maggot and correctly registered as same, was terrific. The Kitten axle it had was just about right and it brought a huge grin whenever I hurled it. Wish I still had it now. I sold it to a guy from Milton Keynes and as far as I know it still goes and he still has it, or did last time I saw him, just before last Christmas and a month before I moved up here.

Still got the "Flying Jaffa" and it still never ceases to amaze me. The odo is now well into its sixth lap in my ownership!!!

John
"I thought I was wrong once - But I was wrong"...

GHT

#2136 Post by GHT » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:58 pm

JPB wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:53 am
:D Not so sure about the "young" but I'll take the compliment anyway! Unless of course it was aimed at a different John, who really is young. Four years eh? That's world class lurking, John. ;)
It's about time that other perennial lurker, Chris, the Grumpy Northerner made an appearance too. He was looking fine and well and holding court at The Goodwood Revival.

Mitsuru

#2137 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Ryhope steam pumping Station car show
I hope this link works
https://www.facebook.com/aron.bacon/pos ... 3403118553
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

Zelandeth

#2138 Post by Zelandeth » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:54 am

On the drive up to Livingston on Thursday the spot of the day was a gorgeous deep bronze/copper coloured Citroen CX Estate on a D plate, seen floating up the M6 around Stoke-on-Trent if I remember rightly. Can't remember when I last saw a CX in the wild.

Saw very little else of interest to be honest, other than a Tesla Model-X, but that's just because I'm a bit of a Tesla fan. Model-S is beyond a doubt the first thing I'd go out and grab right now if my numbers came up in the lottery tonight...
My website - aka. My *other* waste of time
Current fleet: 73 AC Model-70. 75 Rover 3500. 84 Trabant 601S. 85 Sinclair C5. 88 Renault 25 Monaco. 06 Peugeot Partner 1.6HDi.

Martin Evans

#2139 Post by Martin Evans » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:46 pm

A nice, red MGA Mk2 Coupe was being filled with petrol, at the services at Sirhowy Bridge, yesterday morning. Then in the afternoon, I saw a very early (X reg) VW Polo Mk2, in Morrisons Ebbw Vale. I dare say that was a rarer car now, than an MGA. The Polo was Mars red but a tad faded, though it looked salvageable and in tact. The interior looked tidy. I suspect it may have been bought new by elderly people, who didn't use it a lot and who still knew that a garage was meant for storing cars. Something has got to explain why it's still here after at least 35 years. I don't imagine spares are going to be readily available for a car like that now; I wonder does the owner see it as a classic or just a cheap car?
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

Martin Evans

#2140 Post by Martin Evans » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:45 am

Cycled past a J plate Land Rover Series 2A (SWB) in Crown Avenue Industrial Estate, Tredegar, this morning. Definitely high up in my hypothetical shopping list, were I ever to be looking for more vehicles.
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.