What classic vehicles have you seen?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
GHT

Re: What classic vehicles have you seen?

#1881 Post by GHT » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:56 pm

JPB wrote:GHT, is she the deluxe model, with the realistic merkin, the long life Lithium batteries and the fully interactive argument mode, or the entry level one?
John, I've heard of people that can start an argument in an empty room but to have a row with a blow up doll.......... :o

rich.

#1882 Post by rich. » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:42 am

:lol: be careful john she might leave you! :lol:

GHT

#1883 Post by GHT » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:55 pm

JPB wrote:GHT, is she the deluxe model, with the realistic merkin?
No John, she's just an old slapper.

GHT

#1884 Post by GHT » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:16 am

GHT wrote:Image
You remember that boy racer thingy, the one with a drain pipe for an exhaust? Saw it again yesterday. This is one of my pet peeves. I remember a campaign years ago by Scope when the charity was formerly known as: The Spastic Society. There was a large photo of a parking bay with the wheelchair symbol painted in it. The caption read: "Is this the only time that you ever put yourself in our place?" I would rather risk a ticket than park in, a reserved for the less abled, bay.

rich.

#1885 Post by rich. » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:21 pm

i know a lady who was delivering the weeks takings to the bank in our local town a couple of winters ago when all the parking was flooded so she parked in the disabled spot outside the bank.. €250 fine & she won't do it again

JPB

#1886 Post by JPB » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Fining such ignorant twunts isn't enough! The default penalty for parking in a badgeholder spot should be shooting the perpetrator through the kneecaps, but I'm not a complete badstart and anyone with missing knees as a result of this punishment should subsequently be issued with a badge. Yes, this would mean that they'd continue to use the spots that were previously out of bounds to them, but at least they'd know where they'd gone wrong.

Or maybe just confiscate their cars and use these confiscated cars for banger racing. That solution would prevent the wanton destruction of many older cars too. Win!
;)

Meanwhile, I have mostly been seeing Jaguars of the XK120/140/150 variety today, most of them foreign registered and some even equipped with - be sat for this - LEFT HAND DRIVE! Aaaarrrrgghh! Must've been some form of event happening, this was in the Coldstream area at around 12 noon.

@GHT: By the way, that Daihatsu ;) is far too new to be VED exempt on the basis of age, so it must be in the restricted use (unlikely) or the DLA404 (more likely, there's a lot of it about..) class, in which case, and assuming that the entitled party was using the car at the time it was parked, it may well have been parked perfectly legitimately. The more enlightened parking patrol people would wait around to establish the occupants(s') entitlement then, if they were indeed the person named on the registration document, remind them to remember their badge next time. If that person were the DLA404 entitled person's spouse/offspring/friend from the club, etc. then they should be punished.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#1887 Post by GHT » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Quaff one too many and you too could be getting around like this:
shanks' pony.jpg
shanks' pony.jpg (94.98 KiB) Viewed 1250 times

gazza82

#1888 Post by gazza82 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:02 pm

I keep seeing these nice old cars when I'm driving .. which means I can't get a pic ..

But today was a 1972/1973 L-Reg Fiat 500 in a gorgeous dark red finish riding on an unmarked white flat-bed heading south on M40 near J2 (Beaconsfield) :thumbs:
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '59 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: got '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

kevin

#1889 Post by kevin » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Followed this today, looked a bit ratty but getting used!

Kevin

TerryG

#1890 Post by TerryG » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:18 pm

I do like an SD1.

John, no pic as I was driving but "SOO 404R" smart looking white kitten.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.