What classic vehicles have you seen?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Penguin45

Re: What classic vehicles have you seen?

#1891 Post by Penguin45 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:56 pm

Blofeld's......

P45.

JPB

#1892 Post by JPB » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:59 pm

TerryG wrote:John, no pic
:(
TerryG wrote:SOO 404R
Yes, I am acquainted with that one. :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

rich.

#1893 Post by rich. » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:06 am

TerryG

#1894 Post by TerryG » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:08 pm

It's a Reliant Kitten Rich.
Possibly second to John's K10 fetish, he has a thing for them so when I see one, I either take a pic or at least post the plate so he can check on the register and see if it's known or not.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#1895 Post by JPB » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:19 pm

Yep, as Terry says, it is a kitten and a very fine example of the breed. A couple of my registrations come up blank too, this is because I haven't added their details. Platewave relies solely upon people to upload these things and has no link to the DVLA's records..

http://platewave.com/H143BML
http://platewave.com/XJR40

Come to think of it, the A40 doesn't come up when you check via HPI, RAC or the DVLA's own sites yet the car is alive, well and - in spite of offers from Jaguar types who wanted its plate back in the late eighties - still wearing its original (March 1963, Northumberland VRO) issue, though the plate is on retention as the car itself has been resting for a good few years. I did think about selling at one point, but soon came to my senses. The Toyota's glass is all etched with its original reg, so the A40 is safe. For now..
I can explain this phenomenon: Both the Toyota and the A40 are grey, Steel Grey (metallic) and Cumulus Grey (WTF is "metallic?" :? ) respectively. As we all know, grey cars are invisible, especially in large car parks where only beige :drool: or baby vomit :drool: coloured 1970s BL stuff can be seen by the naked eye.
:|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#1896 Post by GHT » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:34 pm

JPB wrote:As we all know, grey cars are invisible, especially in large car parks where only beige or baby vomit coloured 1970s BL stuff can be seen by the naked eye.
So that's why I needed specs back in the 70's. Baby vomit coloured BL cars permanently damaged my eyesight. There was me assuming it was the hideous shape of most of their cars.

kevin

#1897 Post by kevin » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Seen this

This

This

And this which is for sale - not by me

Kev

JPB

#1898 Post by JPB » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:45 pm

Shame someone stuck a round front end on that Clubman estate, but hey, everyone loves a mini. And a Land Rover.
Oh go on then, seeing Capris floats my boat too since they seem to have vanished en masse since this time last year. :(

Today, I have mostly been seeing Morris Minors including but not limited to a black, 1969/70 H four door saloon in Newcastle city centre and a lovely OEW pre-1960 two door crawling down the spine road sounding distinctly sick. Couldn't safely offer support as the traffic was horrible so I hope they got to wherever they were headed. Later, I overtook an early '70s Audi (possibly a 100) on the A19 on my way back from today's trip to the depths of The People's Republic of Yorkshire. The Corolla returned an impressive (for a car with a walloping great mahoosive carburettor and no modern gadgets in spite of its being only 25 years old) 46+mpg end-to-end, brim to brim, refilled at exactly the same pump for accuracy after a total of 211 miles, and made me glad that I gave up the rather daft habit of buying new tin for the daily grind. 8-)
Then, after I'd filled her up, watching for the traffic to give me a gap to get back to the road, what should go belting by but a Dolomite, a 1973/74 M plate car in white which looked bloody lovely and had what appeared to be a pair of period-correct semi peak reflective plates, original wheels and a smiling youngish woman sat behind the wheel.
Mmm.. :drool:
J

jpsh120

#1899 Post by jpsh120 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:21 pm

No pictures but, on my travels yesterday I saw a Peugeot 205 cti and a volvo 960 estate. Both looking rather sorry for themselves and covered in mould.
1971 Sunbeam Rapier H120

sierra3dr

#1900 Post by sierra3dr » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:03 am

Don't know what it is,but it's on here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwOl8EN5n8M