Introductions

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
cooperman

Re: Introductions

#21 Post by cooperman » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi
Im Steve also near Gloucester the daily driver is a Merc 240TD with 196,000 on the clock so nearly run in.
and a 78 350 SL used all year round when not much salt on the road and a 69 beetle undergoing a heart transplant slowly.

Nice to be here.

haaallloooom

#22 Post by haaallloooom » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:39 am

Hi, I'm Hal from near Bristol

I don't have a classic yet as i'm still at uni and therefore have the student weapon of choice - an 11yr old Fiesta. At least it only has 25,000 on the clock :). In my defence in the family we have a '63 Sunbeam Alpine SIII, a '61 MkI Midget and a '74 MkIII Mini 850 :D

stuartieboy

#23 Post by stuartieboy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi all,
I'm Stuart and I recently bought a 1979 peugeot J7 horsebox with Theault coachwork. I have no horse. The intention is to turn into a camper, but we'll see........... :lol: I'll be looking for a good bodyshop in the Fife area if anybody knows, also, if anybody has a good contact in a French breakers yard, I'm looking for doors! :roll:

Paul240480

#24 Post by Paul240480 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:55 am

Bonjour. Paul. I live in France, Morbihan (Dept 56) where I run 2 holiday gites. My cars, a 1989 Volvo 240GL with 198,600 miles & a 1996 Volvo 850 2.5GLT 20v with 164,300 miles. 8-)

You can read more about my 240 here : http://www.practicallyclassics.co.uk/vi ... ?f=12&t=82 :D

1275midget

#25 Post by 1275midget » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:43 am

hello all

I'm back from the old forum with a finished K series midget and a knackeredy old series 2A. Based in either york or northumberland :)

still a student :D should be writing up PhD thesis soon. unless I buy a rover p6 as well...
1.4 K series Midget. Bwaahahaha lunacy. www.robsmidget.com
1968 Series 2A. Lunacy of a more sedate variety.

Landy Mann

#26 Post by Landy Mann » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 pm

After finding the old one gone while bored it's taken me another month to google it and find this!

David

PS Residing on LRO as usual, and just put up a thread about the future of that forum...
http://www.landymann.co.uk

Always check that your not about to reverse over your tool box before moving the car...

200tdi Land Rover Defender CSW http://www.practicallyclassics.co.uk/vi ... =12&t=1801

MG Mal

#27 Post by MG Mal » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 am

MG Mal back online.

Westbury Wilts for me.

Was disssapointed about the old forum vanishing like it did.

Just found the link to this one via the LROI mag forum. (funny how that one is still going and the PC one was cut :? )

Nice to be back amongst fellow motor nuts.

Mal.

Landy Mann

#28 Post by Landy Mann » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:02 pm

MG Mal wrote:MG Mal back online.

Westbury Wilts for me.

Was disssapointed about the old forum vanishing like it did.

Just found the link to this one via the LROI mag forum. (funny how that one is still going and the PC one was cut :? )

Nice to be back amongst fellow motor nuts.

Mal.
And the ed's said that it's staying....
http://www.landymann.co.uk

Always check that your not about to reverse over your tool box before moving the car...

200tdi Land Rover Defender CSW http://www.practicallyclassics.co.uk/vi ... =12&t=1801

briandamaged

#29 Post by briandamaged » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Hello....I'm Brian (funnily enough) and was a member of the old PC Forum (or was it the one before that...)

46, drive HGV's for a living, long-time poster over on Retro-Rides (though as I'm getting older I'm getting to appreciate the standard stuff a lot more than the 'modified classics' the RR ethos is based on). Own nothing remotely interesting at present but in the last five years have had several interesting motors ('82 Nissan RD28T-motored Range-Rover, '71 Morris Oxford, Slammed '81 Citroen Dyane, '89 Citroen 2CV6, Slammed '88 Citroen 2CV Bamboo) sat on my driveway as well as a host of crumbling 90's daily-driver wrecks...

Service crew member for a rally team ('81 Talbot Sunbeam with 250bhp Vauxhall red-top) quite a few weekends a year, the remainder are spent marshalling/spectating on rallies and visiting car shows, in both cases indulging in my other passion, which is photography.

Nice to see the new PC Forum up and running, recognise a fair few usernames from the old one and RR. 8-)

spiderbloke

#30 Post by spiderbloke » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:35 am

Good to be back...ish.
Again, I was a regular poster on the previous site and missed it like crazy when we were tossed out into the wilderness. My username is now a bit of a misnomer as, after 20 odd years of happy Alfa'ing, I no longer own one having sold my series 3 and not really fancying any of the replacements since.
I currently have a VW camper which is the subject of an 11 year non-rolling resto (don't ask). An early Gentry kit car (masquerading as a semi restored triumph chassis with some bits hanging off of it), a Jeep Cherokee currently undergoing pre-MOT work, and an MGF which I couldn't refuse at the price it was offered to me (spookilly working and very reliable).
My front garden is officially designated by the local authority as a Rust Farm.
My ambition is to give up work and finally finish one of the projects that I started. The reality is, that no sooner I get back into the swing of one or other of the outstanding, my dear company sends me off on another enthralling jaunt. By the time I get back, I've not only forgotten where I'd got to, but my wife has compiled another snagging list of jobs for my urgent attention.

Good to see some familiar names again
David - Surrey
So many broken bits, So little time