Introductions

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
M Paul Lloyd

Re: Introductions

#31 Post by M Paul Lloyd » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi my name is Paul (feels like an AA meeting doesn't it Lol) but I stuck the M on to save being confused with all the other Paul's and I'll happily answer to any variation of Mr. M, MPL, M Paul etc.
I am actually an administator of a science and techology forum but I'm also a huge fan of vehicles that have survived against the odds and still work.
I have worked in various areas of mechanical engineering but do not currently own a classic (hope that doesn't go against me?) however I have owned, and maintained, a lot of cars over the last 35 years that are now considered to be classics and if I can offer any helpful tips or advice I will try to do so. ;)
May the light at the end of your long dark tunnel not be a train travelling the other way.
http://sciencefocus.com/forum/index.php ... e0b9d88e25

JPB

#32 Post by JPB » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Hello MPL.
A link to your science and technology forum would be useful, please. I love all that sort of stuff as I'm sure that many here also would and, in spite of appearances to the contrary, there really is a shortage of good, reliable material on the web, particularly in the areas of experimental electronics and tribology. :)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

M Paul Lloyd

#33 Post by M Paul Lloyd » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:53 pm

We aim to please JPB. All are welcome. :D

I should add that other science and technology forums are available. ;)
Last edited by M Paul Lloyd on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the light at the end of your long dark tunnel not be a train travelling the other way.

richardthestag

#34 Post by richardthestag » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Richard, 43, 3 kids etc etc

Owned my Stag for an eternity

Daily driver is a 93 Vogue Range Rover Classic with its magnificent 3.9 V8 guzzling LPG

I have been on most of the various PC forums

See ya

spiderbloke

#35 Post by spiderbloke » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:17 pm

It can't be an AA meeting Paul. I haven't sat at the side of the road for two hours waiting for you to arrive :D
So many broken bits, So little time

M Paul Lloyd

#36 Post by M Paul Lloyd » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Lol Spiderbloke. no-one ever wants to be first in do they? :mrgreen:

tractorman

#37 Post by tractorman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:38 am

Having given up reading PC (in protest about the sudden departure of the old forum), I checked their site for the first time in two months and there's a link to here, so I'm looking forward to chatting to my old (and young) friends again!

As my main interest is classic tractors, and I buy three tractor mags a month, I have plenty of interest to read!

Glad to see the new "indy" forum is up and running and, should my funds improve, I would be happy to donate (a small amount) to its running costs - that was the main reason I bought PC!

I've been spending the winter messing with my model railway (too cold for tractors), but will be starting work again soon. The first two jobs this spring will be to move the sockets etc from one side of the garage to the other and put some shelves up for the oddment boxes. Then I need to make a sandblast cabinet - I have some ideas, but I'm sure there are plans somewhere ;) Ideally mine would be about 4mx3mx3m - big enough for a tractor...

That reminds me - I will have to set up an account with Flickr or somewhere and, if so, I will get some tractor pics for you!

TerryG

#38 Post by TerryG » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:13 pm

Welcome back. It's good to see old faces re-appearing as well as the new ones :)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

Joloke

#39 Post by Joloke » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Hiya
Its Jodie i used to be on the old Forum under the same user with my Little Mini Boris :D Well Boris has gone now but miss tinkering terribly so im planning on buying another Classic later this year but going german next time :D Got my Eyes set on a Mercedes 190e(W201 Shape) ;)

I took a break from Practical Classics Forum because the old site kept throwing me out before id finished posting my messages :cry: :roll:

I hit my bookmark last week and the Forum had gone comlpletly :shock:

However in still in touch with Brett Bnicho and he told me about here so now im back to stay :D

Lets hope this one hasnt logged me out before i post this message :?:

Iam i still here :lol:

Good to be back

Huggz
Jodie :)

chrissyboy

#40 Post by chrissyboy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Hiya I'm Chris, been on the site for a while now, have an interest in classics but don't own one (unless you count an N reg rover!). I am a school teacher of Design and Technology - Resistant Materials (woods, metals pleastics), so love the practical side of things. I am not usually in a postion to offer advice but like fixing the car myself if I can.

New skills I would like to learn are 1) Welding (properly) 2) Fixing bodywork 3) Prep and painting. 4) More in depth mecanical stuff. Mebbe i shud do an evening class...... :D
Eyup!