Introductions

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Mikeymorris

Re: Introductions

#271 Post by Mikeymorris » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:36 pm

New to the forum, mikey here from north of Scottish highlands, currently getting my late parents morris traveller back on the road, my friend and fellow forum member arceye, doing the welding for me and many other jobs :)
Here is a wee photo of how we started
image.jpg
image.jpg (104.17 KiB) Viewed 28492 times

Luxobarge

#272 Post by Luxobarge » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:34 am

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum - I also have a Moggie (1965 4 door saloon in Trafalgar blue) and a few others on here do too.

Look forward to seeing more pics of your restoration on that - how bad is the woodwork?

Cheers! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

arceye

#273 Post by arceye » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:44 am

Noooooo, that car haunts my dreams, its been spotted lurking in the background of one or two of my threads over the last couple of years, and I admit I have never had a kind word for it lol.

Mikeys a nice lad though and its good to see him here. His woodwork is fair to middling Luxo, the rest of the car has affectionately been known as the "Teabag" for a few years now though it is much solider than it once was. I've offered to kill it with fire on more than one occasion but he has repeatedly turned down my kind offer and insisted I fix it (rather slowly I admit) instead.

Still, it should see the road this year. :thumbs:

Mikeymorris

#274 Post by Mikeymorris » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:36 pm

Thanks Luxor, I will do a back ground write up over Xmas,
And yes arceye it sure is a TEABAG but with your excellent welding and panel making skills it is soon to back on the road, and for that I can not help you enough, mum would be happy to see her wee traveller driving around again,
Also had her out the garage today... First light in about 2 years.... And my god what a long 2 years it's been eh mick... :lol:

rich.

#275 Post by rich. » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:32 pm

welcome mate!

GHT

#276 Post by GHT » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:13 pm

My missus' Grandma has a Mynah called Morris.
mynah.jpg
mynah.jpg (3.14 KiB) Viewed 29617 times

AJAX

#277 Post by AJAX » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:49 pm

Oops, missed this. Having posted in other areas I'm a bit late here.
My name is Tony and I like cars, well old cars.
I currently own a 1999 SLK230 which has been in various states of decay since I bought it in 2016. Previously I've had a plethora of Opels, Vauxhalls, BMW's, Mercedes, a couple of Triumphs, a couple of Lancias, an Alfa, Fords. I wish I had photos of all them as it would be great to look back at now. Some were emerging classics when I bought them and some were current models.

My favourite cars have been

1967 Triumph 1300 - Bought for £10 in 1982. Now in car heaven.
1975 Vauxhall Magnum 1.8 estate (dropped a 2.3 in it for fun, and boy was it fun back in the day) - Caught fire and was scrapped
1981 Lancia Gamma coupe (pre facelift) - Sold
1977 Opel Manta B 1.9 SR Berlinetta coupe - Crashed in to and scrapped
1977 Mk1 Ford Granada 2.5 GL Saloon (Gotta love that Essex engine) - Sold
1982 Opel Monza S 3.0E - Sold, but want it back!
1999 Vauxhall Omega (bought with a siezed 2.5 V6 so fitted a 2.3TD Carlton engine coupled to a Monza 4 speed auto box) - Sold, then scrapped by new owner after cam chain failure
2004 BMW X3 2.5 SE petrol (Not particularly good at anything, but a reasonable all rounder, a great tow car and easy to fix) - Sold after 168k miles, exported to Poland!
1999 Mercedes SLK230 - Pile of junk but fun and definitely endering. - Still playing

Have a hankering for a pre war or early post war project, but not this year. Too much work to do on the house before we move.

JPB

#278 Post by JPB » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:22 am

AJAX wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:49 pm
Don't be worrying about that, very few of us seem to post in this section.
Tony wrote:My name is Tony and I like cars...
Sadly, there's currently no 12 step programme available to those of us who live with this catastrophic dependency, so the best course of action available to sufferers is to continue posting to this forum and, having looked at your list of cars owned, I believe that we shall enjoy reading about your habit, its symptoms and your ongoing attempts to live with it.

I'm going to ask this before Rich / Dick does.. Please may we see some photos?👁 I like a Triumph 1300 but could happily live with anything on that list, I suspect that others may agree.

🙂👍
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Dick

#279 Post by Dick » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:22 pm

JPB wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:22 am
AJAX wrote:
Sadly, there's currently no 12 step programme available to those of us who live with this catastrophic dependency, so the best course of action available to sufferers is to continue posting to this forum and, having looked at your list of cars owned, I believe that we shall enjoy reading about your habit, its symptoms and your ongoing attempts to live with it.

I'm going to ask this before Rich / Dick does.. Please may we see some photos?👁 I like a Triumph 1300 but could happily live with anything on that list, I suspect that others may agree.

🙂👍
Damn, he beat me to it... my brother bought a Bedford cf from a scrap yard we tidied it up , when the engine blew up that was replaced by a 2.3 magnum engine
:lol:
I must add there is no cure for this disease...just a long list of random broken /shiny things that take up space in the garage

AJAX

#280 Post by AJAX » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:41 am

JPB wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:22 am
AJAX wrote:

🙂👍
Unfortunately, due to a rather acrimonious divorce some 20 years ago I don't have any photos of anything prior to about 2000. I might ask my old friends to see if they have any though. It never occurred to me to ask before.
Dick wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:22 pm
Damn, he beat me to it... my brother bought a Bedford cf from a scrap yard we tidied it up , when the engine blew up that was replaced by a 2.3 magnum engine
:lol:
After my Magnum caught fire I took what was left of the engine out of it, replaced all the melted bits and transplanted it in to a mk1 Cavalier, with overdrive of course! :) That then got written off afer a mini pulled out in front of me. Those mini engines are quite hard when you drive in to them. :(
Dick wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:22 pm
I must add there is no cure for this disease...just a long list of random broken /shiny things that take up space in the garage
It does seem that way doesn't it. My youngest son is in to his cars but doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to hold, so I get the honour of repairing his cars as well. Lucky old me.