Seaburn bus rally, 29/08/2011. No alpacas today, sorry.

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Seaburn bus rally, 29/08/2011. No alpacas today, sorry.

#1 Post by JPB » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:32 pm

As usual, this show was well attended and as you might expect from the title, there were buses, but there were also some cars and other stuff that hadn't been out until today. Lots of folk seem to début their newly restored stuff there.
First three pics are of a Scammell Scarab. I wanted this badly and had a right old faff getting pics as it was surrounded most of the day:
Perfect, late '70s MK3 mini in Russett Brown. Great to see the many modified ones there, but this was the mini that most grabbed the punters' attention:
Loaf with a radiator looks odd at first, this one was very nicely trimmed out and was the only other ( :oops: ) 11 plate motor on the show field as far as I could tell. I thought that production had ceased already, apparently not:
SWB Series 2 Station Wagon was perfect, and the fella's selling it for an incredibly low asking price, it's probably gone by now but if anyone wants the notice enlarged to see his details, please ask:
Acclaim was very tidy, but had the seemingly obligatory, slightly bent bumpers:
This Zephyr was absolutely lovely and was accompanied by a Consul of similar age:
The Renault badge was attached to the front of an incredibly rare survivor that was presented in stunning condition:
Which model is it? Another clue:
Yes, the bloke at the back in the beret is correct, it's one of these:
How often do I see a Lea-Francis at a show? Exactly, and I didn't see one today either. There were two of them! :shock: Nice:
Morris. Lovely old thing, not looking like it had just been restored as it had a most amazing patina of age about it. It had a fabulous smell:
More Morrissusseses, the first of these a very bonny 8 Series E with original headlamp pods:
More to follow..... :D
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

JPB

More pics, feel free to ask if you want bigger ones of anyth

#2 Post by JPB » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:07 pm

More.
Sphinx:
As seen on this Armstrong-Siddeley:
This FD Victor was really very, very '70s:
It was kept company by this Viscount:
Image :D
This pickup sat there, looking menacing and occasionally stealing and eating small children:
Bedford CF camper was in "ready to move into" condition with sea views and cold, sporadically squirting water. Hey, I've lived in worse:
Hoorah! One of these that didn't carry any claim to have been owned by Claude Jeremiah Greengrass. Oh, and a Marina-derived light commercial that has been doing the shows locally for a good few years now. Very nice it is too:
Griff Rhys-Jones, in [i]that[/i] 'Not the nine o' clock news' sketch, wrote:Stupid boy, it's "My Aunt, with whom I live!" (owned a parrot called Perseverance)...
This isn't a parrot, it's a ruddy geet big truck:
Another very tidy CF by the sea:
Sunbeam-Talbot shaped solid block of Cataloy was for sale quite cheaply, many people prodded and poked at its various slabs of load-bearing thermo-setting body refinishing product but it held up well:
Chevy truck oozed quality, a stunner of a thing and not a ripple or a blister to be seen:
A grand Vitesse. Ho ho :oops: :
Fiesta Fly was the first I've seen since November the eighth, 1985:
Immaculate. No, scrub that: Perfect Spitfire looked as though it had just left the showroom, circa 1974/'75, but couldn't have as its panel gaps and interior trim were all spot on:
I'll be copying this couple of posts to the Dolomite Club forum, so, for a bus-mad member there is a brace of big shiny red ones:

'Nuff. :mrgreen:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

harvey

Re: Seaburn bus rally, 29/08/2011. No alpacas today, sorry.

#3 Post by harvey » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Mmmmmm.....Lotsa good stuff. I particularly like the D Series hiding next to the Scammell, I've had a couple of those, but unless they're petrol they're bl**dy slow, the FD and the Viscount (but I'd want to be putting V8's in those. Does that make me a bad man?) and the American pickups
Currently over 35 years worth of fixing 35 boxes.
Hoping to reach 65 years worth of fixing 65 boxes.

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:02 pm

harvey wrote:Does that make me a bad man?
No. :mrgreen:
J

harvey

#5 Post by harvey » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:33 pm

JPB wrote:
harvey wrote:Does that make me a bad man?
No. :mrgreen:
Thanks for that.

(There's plenty of other things that do though, but I'll keep quiet about those.... :lol: )
Currently over 35 years worth of fixing 35 boxes.
Hoping to reach 65 years worth of fixing 65 boxes.

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Yeah, I'll keep quiet about your P6 interior door handle alignment fetish too. Oh hang on, did I write that or just think it? :oops: ;)
J

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#7 Post by Mrotwoman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Love that Dauphine,I thought type 2 production had stopped as well .. maybe it hasn't.
Have you seen the ones with the radiator hidden in a fake spare wheel on the front ?
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

JPB

#8 Post by JPB » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:50 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:Love that Dauphine,I thought type 2 production had stopped as well .. maybe it hasn't.
Have you seen the ones with the radiator hidden in a fake spare wheel on the front ?
I have seen some that fit that description yes, I'd wondered where the radiator had gone but just assumed that someone, somewhere was doing a roaring trade in retro-fitting air cooled engines to them, or cleverly stashing the rad indoors.
That one in the picture looks to me like one of those houses you see on modern estates that have a flap in the wall so that meter readers can do their job without waking people up at the crack of dawn.
The interior was stunning though; proper seats that could be sat in for ages without causing pain, red leather trim, proper wooden woodwork. Lovely, though how that 60bhp Golf engine copes with all of that weight is anybody's guess. I actually found the VW quite pleasant but I'd still prefer to move in to one of those CFs and then only because I didn't spot a single CA at the event. :cry:
J