My new car!!!!!!!!!

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
s-type

Re: My new car!!!!!!!!!

#41 Post by s-type » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:47 pm

SHE LIVES!!!!!

It started!!! runs rough as dog, but enough to drive. So I can drive it in and out of the garage! (and get it out the way to get rid of the cortina!!!! -phew)

little or no timing chain rattle, head gasket is dubious, but there is no oil in the water, and no emulsification in the oil filler. I found a little (tiny) water on the dip stick, but i am not sure if that's from standing for 2+ years in a wet field. Everything seems to almost work... OK so there is a jerry can of petrol in the boot directly feeding the fuel pump, the gauges and rev counter seem not to work, but at least it moves... Cant see how much it smokes as its so dark! :lol:

YES! YES! YES! :mrgreen:

[the fix was the wire as I detailed above, that's my foolish mistake that it didn't work first time!]

PS, cortina is now at £800!!!! (on Ebay) [coffin is at £20]

Cant wait to get the grinder out and start finding how bad it is!!!!
1967 S-type Jaguar -Running like a dream.
1971 DS420 Hearse. -Now actually running and has just run a 16.7 Quarter Mile @ Santa Pod. - bloody hell!

Oh and your 1995 Volvo is not a classic. Still think it is? Take it to a classic car show.....

TerryG

Re: My new car!!!!!!!!!

#42 Post by TerryG » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Well done!
Isn't it satisfying when you find the cause of a really irritating problem :)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.