C.A.M.P.S. 19/06/2011. Warning: contains Alpacas!

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

C.A.M.P.S. 19/06/2011. Warning: contains Alpacas!

#1 Post by JPB » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Coquetdale Agricultural Machinery Preservation Society. :wink:

Took a run up there today by way of a treat for the old man, it being (so I'm told) Fathers' Day & all that malarky.
The only other Triumphs there of the four-wheeled variety were Heralds, loads of the things in varying states of decay, lots of tractors as you'd expect from a club that grew out of an interest in such things, a beer tent (so that's where Dad goes when he doesn't have to drive back to his place afterwards) and torrential rain around Alnwick on the way back through.
There were alpacas too. I want one!

Photies:
Fancy tipping up in this, the Audaxity of it all :oops: :
Bantam was barn-fresh and untouched, I wanted this lots but the owner doesn't want rid as it's to be restored. A shame in a way, IMHO:
Fergie takes a day off from recording with the Black Eyed Peas. This one has never left the county in its life and still works on a local hill farm:
Jeep, the owner of which made much cash after the show, pulling the large Yank tin out of the muddy gateway :D :
Alpacas are cool, the Chestnut one fancied me a bit and I have to say; she was rather lovely. Their wool was being spun in the tent nearby and, shorn of the stuff, the remaining tufts looked exactly like my car's carpet :eyes4u: :
Road roller owner has no low loader and
A typically 'careful' Northumbrian farmer wrote:won't stand for the cost of renting one
so this old thing was driven all the way along to Rothbury from its home by Wooler, some 11 miles further up the busiest road in the County. Just as well it was a complete weekend's worth of show as it took him a while to bring it down. The surface rust on the rollers appeared during the night's rainfall and he reckons it'll all rub off on the way home.
Hmm, smooth steel, wet roads, steep hills.... :shock: This is a bigger picture 'cos it's a bigger vehicle. If you can only see half of it, switch to "Subsilver2" theme in your user CP now ;) :
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

Re: C.A.M.P.S. 19/06/2011. Warning: contains Alpacas!

#2 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:55 pm

The Lil' Grey fergie has your (old) name written all over it. ;)

I like alapacas,more managable than a Llama.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

TriumphDriver

#3 Post by TriumphDriver » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:
Better kissers, the llamas tend to spit a lot.
My posts are for debate and discussion, I'm not The Oracle!

SirTainleyBarking

#4 Post by SirTainleyBarking » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:04 pm

JPB wrote: Alpacas are cool, the Chestnut one fancied me a bit and I have to say; she was rather lovely.
Thats the sort of quote I'd expect on a site devoted to *Ahem* "Animal Husbandry" :shock:
Landrovers and Welding go together like Bread and Butter. And in the wet they are about as structurally sound

Biting. It's like kissing except there's a winner

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#5 Post by Mrotwoman » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:28 pm

TriumphDriver wrote:
Mrotwoman wrote:
I agree,Alpacas swallow.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:23 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:
TriumphDriver wrote:
Mrotwoman wrote:
I agree, Alpacas swallow.
:mrgreen: I just knew that was going to appear, which is the only reason I didn't write it myself. Well that and the fact that if you say it, it's funny.
Actually, young Chestnut there isn't trained properly yet and still dribbles a bit.

....But not as much as the '62 Cadillac, which I didn't mange to photograph before it left, which left half of the contents of its sump on the show field. The driver was playing his Elvis 8-track cart so loudly that I don't think he heard the rhythmic knocking noise. :lol:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

DoloMIGHTY

#7 Post by DoloMIGHTY » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:37 pm

No pictures of your car mate? :cry:
Alan the First Forum Glitch!

JPB

#8 Post by JPB » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Lots on my flickR account Alan (same user name as here), none in public forum though, since the "WIP" status of the paintwork means that I'm not posting pics of wee Dougie until the top coat is on & mopped, and all of the trim back in place.
Should happen soon as the forecast's good. Damn! Shouldn't say that should we. :|
J