STOLEN Brooklands Capri E471 BFG

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
FredTransit

STOLEN Brooklands Capri E471 BFG

#1 Post by FredTransit » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:45 pm

From Stolen Classics via Old Skool Ford. PLEASE CIRCULATE!
big mike wrote:posting this up for a lady on oldskoolford her husband bought this car for her before he died recently. can everyone keep an eye open for this car (or the parts)it was taken on the 27th january thank you...

Hi guys, Im so gutted and so angry to be having to make this post. My brookie has been stolen by some theiving piece of ******* scum this evening. Reg no is E471BFG. She was taken from RIverside Park, in Southampton sometime between 5.30- 6.45pm. I'll post up some more details in a little while, at the moment just in bits She was brought for me by Tony only about 6 months before he died & I've only just recently put her back on the road. I will upload some pics to the net as well.

Please keep your eyes peeled for my lady

Alison

A transit's for life, not just for Christmas!

www.a2ecommercials.webs.com

Paul240480

Re: STOLEN Brooklands Capri E471 BFG

#2 Post by Paul240480 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:18 pm

'tea-leaves' have no place in this world, they only cause heartache & pain. I hope Alison gets her Capri back.

Martin Evans

#3 Post by Martin Evans » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Paul240480 wrote:'tea-leaves' have no place in this world, they only cause heartache & pain. I hope Alison gets her Capri back.
To which I would add "In one piece". It has been known. Back in the late 1960s, my father's Mini Countryman was stolen in Cardiff (Mk 1 door handles were easy to force). It seems as if the thieves were too lazy to walk home, so took the Mini. When it was found (Within a day or so), apart from the broken door handle and a flat battery (The lights were on), the car was fine.

It's a lesson to us all to secure our cars and garages. So far as "Tea leaves" (Or any other persistent offenders) are concerned, I feel liberty should be like a driving licence; collect enough points, within a given time and you get banned (In other words they get life or are hanged according to whatever the maximum sentence is at the time).
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

JPB

#4 Post by JPB » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:49 pm

There's a Brooklands on eBay, just came on last night, it's a project car and needs work, but it may be worth sending a member message to the vendor and advising them of this theft, just in case some piece of pondlife tries to offer them any "quality, used spares" from the stolen one.

The link's in the image below:

:|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

FredTransit

#5 Post by FredTransit » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:59 pm

good job there's no reg number on that one, or I could see a recipe for ringing the nice one!
A transit's for life, not just for Christmas!

www.a2ecommercials.webs.com

JPB

#6 Post by JPB » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Yes, that's the sort of thing that could happen with something as sought after as a last of the line, special edition runout model of pretty much anything with a blue oval badge, but by making the seller of that one aware of the theft, he might - in the sort of world we'd all like to live in - be a bit more careful in vetting any potential buyers who come to see his car.

More realistically, I think that making profit from such an easily identifiable car would be easier by ringing than by parting it out, fingers crossed that the stolen car is found before some lowlife sees Pound signs before their eyes and goes after the eBay car for its identity. :(
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: