Goggomobil is it worth restoring?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: Goggomobil is it worth restoring?

#21 Post by JPB » Fri May 30, 2014 9:03 pm

All bearing faces subject to even loading....
Cobblers! Look at how the trunnion is biased relative to the crank and to each pair of cylinders, that's a collection of stress-related failures waiting to happen there. But I still like that it's different and the bike as a whole is far more desirable than - say - a Tomos moped, even though [Tomoses] were once my most lusted after form of two wheeled transport. :oops:

Goggomobil? Stuff a BMW K100 engine in the boot and have done with it, then you'd still be able to use the rear seats. :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

zipgun

#22 Post by zipgun » Fri May 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Hmmm ,wiki says there are only 5 John Wooler bikes with the wonky rocker engine..I know where there's one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: well , two, coz there's one in Sammy Millers ,where i took those pics ...

Clever engineer ,I reckon he found sines, cosines, and logarithms really easy at school ;)

mach1rob

#23 Post by mach1rob » Fri May 30, 2014 11:19 pm

Phil P wrote:Many years ago there was a custom Hot Rod called 'Tweety Pie'. It was a 4 seat 4 wheel Isetta from what I remember. The engine was an Alison V12. I'm not sure whether it actually ran or if was a 'If it don't go chrome it' show car.
Close I suppose...

not quite so close

rich.

#24 Post by rich. » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:16 am

is this the finished product :D