What classic vehicles have you seen?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
Tigdlo

Re: What classic vehicles have you seen?

#1931 Post by Tigdlo » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:59 pm

It's only a guess, but I reckon that's a 1938 Triumph Vitesse.
What causes me to think that?
'Cos it says so on the info board at the front of the car!

JPB

#1932 Post by JPB » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:28 pm

Tigdlo wrote:It's only a guess, but I reckon that's a 1938 Triumph Vitesse.
What causes me to think that?
'Cos it says so on the info board at the front of the car!
There's always one.. ;)

In my defence, when I use the browser on my TV, the 43" screen makes it perfectly clear, but I was looking at the thread on the 5" screen of the smaller of my Android toys, so that board was so small that I didn't even see that it was written on!

GHT, what's your excuse for not noticing that crucial info on your own photo? :lol: :P
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mitsuru

#1933 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Car show at Locomotion - The National Railway Museum at Shildon.

https://www.facebook.com/aron.bacon/med ... 552&type=3
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

Mitsuru

#1934 Post by Mitsuru » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

GHT

#1935 Post by GHT » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:24 pm

JPB wrote:GHT, what's your excuse for not noticing that crucial info on your own photo? :lol: :P
P*ss poor eyesight.

JPB

#1936 Post by JPB » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:47 am

Mitsuru wrote:Car show at Locomotion - The National Railway Museum at Shildon.

https://www.facebook.com/aron.bacon/med ... 552&type=3
Seems it may only work for facebook victims as the rest of the world gets this message:
The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.
:(
Same message for the Ryhope link..
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

GHT

#1937 Post by GHT » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:40 am

Never mind John, here's another car from yesterday's vintage show. This one is called: An Oven.

An oven? Maybe not, but when you want to keep your bacon baguettes warm, the exhaust manifold is next best thing to a microwave.

JPB

#1938 Post by JPB » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:21 pm

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Oof! I love these beautifully engineered 1930s jalopies. One Shot lubrication, built in jacking and a preselector gearbox. Would that the gadgets on modern motors were as interesting. :|

One of my older uncles owned an Armstrong that was very similar to that lovely, lovely thing. He had bought it from a bombsite horse trader in Glasgow just after the end of the forties, when such a car could be bought for very little cash as long as that buyer didn't expect a warranty or mats 'n' flaps to be included in the deal. The car was still under his custodianship in the mid eighties, by which time he'd brought it up to a very fine condition and was doing a roaring trade in wedding hire. Then the old boy turned his toes up and the car was mothballed in a dry but draughty steading where it may still be for all I know.

I haven't seen one for decades. :(

I have however seen a very tidy MG of the ADO16 variety. It appeared to be finished in Connaught Green and sounded absolutely lovely as it overtook me on the A68. I would have tried to keep up and get some dashcam footage, but am too fond of my licence. :oops:
J

GHT

#1939 Post by GHT » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:04 pm

As you have mentioned MG's here's a few, I kept away from showing them previously, trying not show bias.
When I was in my late teens, I longed for the small MG sports car, not the new MG Midget, but the one that you always see a Spitfire pilot driving in WW2 films. I didn't know that there were four models TA/B/C/D, having heard one of them referred to as a TC, I presumed that they were all TC's. Now I know the difference as well as the difference between a lot of similar looking MG models probably makes an automotive equivalent of a sad train spotter.

Here's a really well cared for, original Lagonda. It looked just magnificent, glinting in the sunlight.

You expressed delight in the lovely, original Dolomite, in the background you might have seen a ragtop version, here, for your delectation is a closer view:

It occurred to me that although History doesn't post much these days, I hope that he still looks in. It would be remiss of me not to include a lovely old Roller. Perhaps he might even elaborate on the model. To me, a Roller is a Roller. This one is an absolute beauty.

RussellG

#1940 Post by RussellG » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:05 pm

w reg black triumph spitfire with white viper stripes oh dear.howard road sothampton