What classic vehicles have you seen?

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: What classic vehicles have you seen?

#2181 Post by JPB » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:59 pm

gazza82 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:58 pm
Dick wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:36 pm
Went to the le mans 24 hour truck race this weekend lots of classic American trucks and cars and a lot of European stuff.. then while we had some rain we called in the museum.. petrol head paradise.. I have pics but no idea how to post them since botophucket started charging and I'm a skinflint :lol: :lol: :lol:
Try imgur
Better yet, simply print out the piccies, pop copies into envelopes and post these to each forum member individually. Problem solved! :moon:
John, If it's old & badly broken, chances are I've owned it. :|

carlmeyer

#2182 Post by carlmeyer » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:26 am

Saw a Volkswagen Bus Type 2 yesterday! Felt like I had to jump in my DeLorean and hit 88!

Dick

#2183 Post by Dick » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:53 pm

Was it driven by a Libyan terrorist....

JPB

#2184 Post by JPB » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:05 am

Rich, I like the Prof's workshop/house in that film, he has almost as many old clocks as I do. :oops:

Meanwhile, I was overtaken on the M6 Northbound, coming home from a quick parts scavanging mission in the Hiace yesterday afternoon, by a convoy (three is a convoy, right?) of 2CVs in matching "blood & custard" livery. Note to self: don't ever buy Diesel at Sainsbury's again, my usual AsDa veggie fuel (£98p per litre..) wouldn't have caused the van to be so damned slow up that very slight incline and it's back to normal levels of performance since I stopped at a large local branch of the well known supermarket, bought eight three litre cans of veg fuel, poured them into the tank and let it idle for a few seconds to get the good stuff through the pump!
:x
The old fashioned N/A Diesel engine under Yoda's front seat smokes like a burning pile of tyres when there's forecourt fuel in there, so the folk in the Citroens would have enjoyed a lovely black cloud around their lungs as they passed.. Sorry people, it really, genuinely doesn't usually do that and nor would it normally have flagged on some poxy hill.
:oops:
John, If it's old & badly broken, chances are I've owned it. :|

gazza82

#2185 Post by gazza82 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Followed a deep red E-Type V12 today .. travelling west on A40 near Uxbridge/Denham junction. :mrgreen: Top down (it wasn't raining earlier!)

Must have been owned by Lucifer at some point given the "666" in the registration! :o If the owner is on here, no offence meant .. the car's gorgeous!
"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"

Retirement Project: '58 Austin A35 2-door with 1330cc Midget engine and many upgrades
Said goodbye: kept '98 Alfa Romeo 156 2.0 TSpark to 210K miles before tin worm struck

Dick

#2186 Post by Dick » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Spotted 2 very tidy vw campers Friday.. drivers looked a bit suspicious but not like terrorists :D