First Forum Glitch

Here's the place to chat about all things classic. Also includes a feedback forum where you can communicate directly with the editorial team - don't hold back, they'd love to know what they're doing right (or wrong of course!)
JPB

Re: First Forum Glitch

#11 Post by JPB » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:38 pm

As far as I'm aware - and Rick, please bear in mind that I jumped ship at yonder place some time ago so have no current involvement in such things - then if the default theme is changed in settings to subsilver2 and the other options removed, that might allow readers to sign in by clicking "post reply" and being directed, post-sign in, to the thread they were reading prior to deciding to log in. Obviously, I can't test this theory as, whenever I log out, the default theme is all that's available when signing back in, you'd need to experiment and I'm sure we'd all tolerate a little fiddling in the wider interests of the success of this new forum.

There may be other patches available that would address this and allow users to keep that annoying, default theme that puts the avatars on the right, best advice I can offer is to visit PHPBB's own admins' forum and ask the question there. They're pretty good at offering support, even if they don't always grasp the concept of sending their updates to the current forum owner instead of the previous one, who's no longer concerned with all of that faffing about.... :|
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Aar0sc

#12 Post by Aar0sc » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Just had this :/
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/search/fulltext_native.php on line 421: Missing argument 15 for fulltext_native::keyword_search(), called in /search.php on line 418 and defined

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php:3706) in H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php on line 4505

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php:3706) in H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php on line 4507

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php:3706) in H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php on line 4508

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php:3706) in H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php on line 4509
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500; 1974 Jaguar E-Type OTS V12

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#13 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Being an admin of a forum all I will say is that there is no hidden mystery to it all,you cannot control every single aspect (as much as you would like to) and despite what 'reguar' members might think (and the impression that others may try and delude you into thinking) there is no great mystery. You are at the mercy of the forum providers,they obviously need to run thousands of forums to remain viable themselves,and have little or no time to respond to your emails/questions about the running of the forum.
It's often a thankless task.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

JPB

#14 Post by JPB » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:06 pm

So your forum isn't PHPBB-based then? All of the questions raised are easily addressed in their admin panels, but then you know that very well Martin, don't you? :roll:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#15 Post by Mrotwoman » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:10 pm

If they are ,I'm blowed if I know how.

Anyhow,I thought I'd register here to show my support to Neil and the rest of the team for the sterling job they've done ,not to rake over old (very bloody old) ground and open up wounds that I had forgotten about.

Let's leave it at that eh ? :)
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

FredTransit

#16 Post by FredTransit » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Just to add, I can't search my own posts. I get this little lot at the top above the header
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/search/fulltext_native.php on line 819: Missing argument 14 for fulltext_native::author_search(), called in /search.php on line 423 and defined

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php:3706) in H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php on line 4505

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php:3706) in H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php on line 4507

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php:3706) in H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php on line 4508

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php:3706) in H:\hshome\neilcamp\practicallyclassics.co.uk\includes\functions.php on line 4509
I'm not on the default board style though.
A transit's for life, not just for Christmas!

www.a2ecommercials.webs.com

JPB

#17 Post by JPB » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:If they are ,I'm blowed if I know how.

Anyhow,I thought I'd register here to show my support to Neil and the rest of the team for the sterling job they've done ,not to rake over old (very bloody old) ground and open up wounds that I had forgotten about.

Let's leave it at that eh ? :)
Absolutely. My apologies for having a cheap shot at you. fwiw, "word on the street" says that you're better at it than I was, and that's what counts. My apologies to the admins on here too, for giving in to the little fella sitting on my shoulder, with the horns and the pitchfork. Blame my bowels. I haven't dared fart for the last two years in case I upset your dog. :oops: ;)
J

s-type

#18 Post by s-type » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Just as a FYI I keep getting this... Similar to above.

Its not a big problem.... Just a FYI.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/search/fulltext_native.php on line 819: Missing argument 14 for fulltext_native::author_search(), called in /search.php on line 423 and defined

1967 S-type Jaguar -Running like a dream.
1971 DS420 Hearse. -Now actually running and has just run a 16.7 Quarter Mile @ Santa Pod. - bloody hell!

Oh and your 1995 Volvo is not a classic. Still think it is? Take it to a classic car show.....

FredTransit

#19 Post by FredTransit » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 pm

I have tried the different styles, but can't search my own posts by any means, I just get 'No posts match your criteria' and loads of code above it when I try.
A transit's for life, not just for Christmas!

www.a2ecommercials.webs.com

admin
Site Admin

#20 Post by admin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:59 pm

Yep, i get it too. Jiggered if i know how to fix it mind - any takers?