The official PC forum and its demise - an apology.

We're back!
bnicho

Re: The official PC forum and its demise - an apology.

#21 Post by bnicho » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Welcome back guys. Neil has put in a lot of hard yards behind the scenes to get this new forum happening, so I'm glad to see some of the old names coming back to support him.

I knew about the old forum demise of course, but I didn't see anything on the Facebook page? Or was I looking at the wrong page? Link anyone? :)

(I was bnicho on the old fourm.)

Cheers,
Brett.
Brett Nicholson
1965 Morris Mini Traveller - Trixie
1966 Austin Mini Super-Deluxe - Audrey
1969 Morris Mini Van - Desert Assault Van
1971 Morris Moke - Mopoke
1974 VW Super Beetle - Olive
2009 Nissan Pathfinder

stagman

#22 Post by stagman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:31 pm

well done for setting this up and thanks for the facebook message :)

Mitsuru

#23 Post by Mitsuru » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:50 am

stagman wrote:well done for setting this up and thanks for the facebook message :)
I second that
I'm Diabetic,& disabled BUT!! NOT DEAD YET!!

twingoboy

#24 Post by twingoboy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:21 pm

Welcome back! Only read the 'old' one so a first post!

Car Mechanics Ed

#25 Post by Car Mechanics Ed » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi Neil. I did hear that Bauer were closing all Forums while asking if they could create a new one for Car Mechanics. :shock:

Prior to my move to Bauer, Car Mechanics had a buoyant Forum, running since 2003. Fortunately, Kelsey decided not to destroy the Forum base, but relist it as a Kelsey Forum, hence keeping the original members, albeit I was ousted as admin. :roll:

Can I ask how you went about creating this Forum and what measures I will have to put in place to create one for Car Mechanics. Perhaps we can talk about it when we next meet?

Thanks
Martyn

PS. Have you managed to get the Acclaim started yet :lol: ;) :?:

Luxobarge

#26 Post by Luxobarge » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Car Mechanics Ed wrote:Prior to my move to Bauer, Car Mechanics had a buoyant Forum, running since 2003. Fortunately, Kelsey decided not to destroy the Forum base, but relist it as a Kelsey Forum, hence keeping the original members, albeit I was ousted as admin. :roll:
Hi Martyn - yes, another fan of the Car Mechanics mag forum here, it was brilliant, one of the most entertaining and *busy* forums on the net, so many thanks to you for your hard work over the years on that one.

What was the given reason for them shutting it down/reforming it? And what was the real reason?

All the best to you!

Cheers! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

Martin Evans

#27 Post by Martin Evans » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:34 am

Nice to be back, albeit in a new location :D . I thought it was another problem like the one last year (I think it was this time last year :?: ) but when it seemed to be going on for longer, I guessed something must be up and Neil kindly put me in the picture.

I had a good Christmas and I hope we all had a good Christmas and New year. I took the Traveller out the Wednesday after Christmas. I went to put flowers on my grandparents grave and whilst I was there, a funeral arrived. It made me realise that some poor devils hadn't had a good Christmas. My Traveller coped better with the icy car park than the moderns; I left to make room in the car park but had to give one of the moderns a push into the space I had just vacated.

The only car related thing I had was a book called "The Last Real Austins" -http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/products/p ... &%20Trucks. It wasn't a big read but it was interesting.....I wouldn't mind a Healey 100/4. My grandfather had a new A40 Devon (Waited three years for it to arrive....when he ordered it, it had been an Austin 10) and later on had an A90.
Rules exist for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

MG Midget 1500, MGB GT V8, Morris Minor Traveller 1275, MG Midget 1275 & too many bicycles.

Luxobarge

#28 Post by Luxobarge » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 am

Folks - as you will see, avatars have now been enabled, so go ahead and load yours on it you wish!

Cheers :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

admin
Site Admin

#29 Post by admin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Car Mechanics Ed wrote:Hi Neil. I did hear that Bauer were closing all Forums while asking if they could create a new one for Car Mechanics. :shock:

Prior to my move to Bauer, Car Mechanics had a buoyant Forum, running since 2003. Fortunately, Kelsey decided not to destroy the Forum base, but relist it as a Kelsey Forum, hence keeping the original members, albeit I was ousted as admin. :roll:

Can I ask how you went about creating this Forum and what measures I will have to put in place to create one for Car Mechanics. Perhaps we can talk about it when we next meet?

Thanks
Martyn

PS. Have you managed to get the Acclaim started yet :lol: ;) :?:
Hey Martyn, nice of you to join up. I'll happily discuss the process involved in setting up a forum next time you're in the building, but i still think we're on shaky grounds here. As i've said, the is a wholly independent fan site and nothing to do with Bauer etc etc. I'm still waiting for the email to tell me to take it down or face legal action (or at least change the URL...) Would you all stick with the forum if we had to rebrand as www.absolutelynotpracticallyclassics.co.uk or some such nonsense?

Luxobarge

#30 Post by Luxobarge » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:33 am

Personally I don't give a flying monkeys what the URL is. The less it has to do with Bauer the better IMO. ;)