Two questions

We're back!
Minxy

Two questions

#1 Post by Minxy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:38 pm

1) Why are some members names in red?

2) I can see all/most of the usuall names have made a welcome return except Mr Rusty! where is he?
Never play chess with a pigeon. It will knock all the pieces over, S*#t on the board and then strut around pretending it won.

TerryG

Re: Two questions

#2 Post by TerryG » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:45 pm

It's good to see old faces returning. I'm not sure the mention in the magazine was big enough for most people to notice it. Bauer should post a link to this on the front page of practicalclassics.co.uk, that would probably bring more people back. I'm sure Neil will arrange for that to be done before too long.

Users with their nickname in red are message board administrators. Responsible for removing spam, moving posts made in the wrong forum to the correct one, etc.
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

JPB

#3 Post by JPB » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:05 pm

Maybe it would be a good plan to post a link to here at the other, well-attended (is "attended" the right term? You know what I mean though) fora such as Popular Classics, various single-make car club sites, Car Mechanics, Irish Vintage Scene and in the classic car sections at boards.ie and boards.uk. :)
This suggestion is in no way made as a criticism of any other, similar facility out there, but if you don't ask, etc.
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Oldcarnut

#4 Post by Oldcarnut » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:07 pm

JPB wrote:Maybe it would be a good plan to post a link to here at the other, well-attended (is "attended" the right term? You know what I mean though) fora such as Popular Classics, various single-make car club sites, Car Mechanics, Irish Vintage Scene and in the classic car sections at boards.ie and boards.uk. :)
This suggestion is in no way made as a criticism of any other, similar facility out there, but if you don't ask, etc.
Are you one of those Irish buggers? :roll: .No dogs or Irish on this site :D . Seriously I find the vintage scene site to be dead really, with very little activity on it.Now boards.ie is a different story.Its very active on all the sections including the motors and,classic cars threads.I am a regular contributor to that site and especially on the motors section.

JPB

#5 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:26 pm

:lol: Haven't been on IVS myself for ages, but they were good for the tractors as I recall.
Not from Ireland, but have partaken in many a good pub crawl there. :oops:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#6 Post by Mrotwoman » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:04 pm

JPB wrote:Maybe it would be a good plan to post a link to here at the other, well-attended (is "attended" the right term? You know what I mean though) fora such as Popular Classics, various single-make car club sites, Car Mechanics, Irish Vintage Scene and in the classic car sections at boards.ie and boards.uk. :)

Good call,I've stuck a link up on Popular :-

http://popularclassics.forumcircle.com/ ... 926#194926

:)
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

Luxobarge

#7 Post by Luxobarge » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:07 pm

Mrotwoman wrote:I've stuck a link up on Popular :-

http://popularclassics.forumcircle.com/ ... 926#194926

:)

Oooh, ta mate! Nice one.

We started off slowly here, but membership and activity has got a lot better recently - could always do with more though!

Cheers :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

DoloMIGHTY

#8 Post by DoloMIGHTY » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Not a critism, just I hope a useful comment...

But there appears to be a lot of Admins here, is really that necessary?

I remember on the old board there was a string of both Admins and Moderators (yet the reality was only one was really an active Moderator on a day to day basis), as I say it's not a criticism, just that I have found that it can be something of a turn - off for some would-be-members as it can give the impression that the forum is in fact over administered.
Alan the First Forum Glitch!

spiny

#9 Post by spiny » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:55 pm

DoloMIGHTY wrote:Not a critism, just I hope a useful comment...

I remember on the old board there was a string of both Admins and Moderators (yet the reality was only one was really an active Moderator on a day to day basis), as I say it's not a criticism, just that I have found that it can be something of a turn - off for some would-be-members as it can give the impression that the forum is in fact over administered.

the more there are, the more likelly one will be online if something needs fixing :)
1989 BMW E30 2.5 Tourer - Daily
1970 MG Midget - resto nearly finished
1978 VW Type2 twin slider - getting there, see link above ^

admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by admin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:51 am

DoloMIGHTY wrote:Not a critism, just I hope a useful comment...

I personally don't think the forum can be over-administered as long as all of the admins are fair and on the same wavelength (which i think we are). I know i keep saying it, but this is now officially an unofficial forum, so we have a lot more freedom over what we do and how we run it. I'm sorry if having lots of admins seems in some way oppressive, but it isn't meant to be big brotherish in anyway. There are now no moderators on the forum, only admins, so if any of the admins spot spam they can deal with it directly, instead of having to email me with the details so i can deal with it (like on the last forum). So for example, before if i was on holiday there was no-one to delete the spammers so the forum would fill up with rubbish - now, that simply won't happen.

Hope you understand Alan!

Cheers, Neil