Reigate Heath Garage - leaded petrol!

Know of a good garage, mechanic, sprayer, supplier in your area? Why not post their details here. Please only post if you have actually used and received good service from this person or place AS A CUSTOMER. Also if you can put the area in the title that will be helpful - when we have enough we'll separate them into Counties / Shires. Note: this is for private members' recommendations, NOT owner/proprietors to punt their businesses - these will be removed.
Luxobarge

Reigate Heath Garage - leaded petrol!

#1 Post by Luxobarge » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:11 pm

I don't use this garage myself, but I'm reliably informed that they are very classic-friendly, and are happy to work on anything up to 80-90 years old. They also do MoTs.

Most importantly, they now stock leaded 4* petrol, so anybody in the area who wants to take advantage of this should give them a try. I have no idea as to how much it costs....

Cheers! :D
Some people are like Slinkies - they serve no useful purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them downstairs.

harvey

Re: Reigate Heath Garage - leaded petrol!

#2 Post by harvey » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Luxobarge wrote:they now stock leaded 4* petrol, so anybody in the area who wants to take advantage of this should give them a try. I have no idea as to how much it costs...

If you have to ask, then you can't afford it.......(Anyway, what's the good of 4*? Proper cars need 5*......)
Currently over 35 years worth of fixing 35 boxes.
Hoping to reach 65 years worth of fixing 65 boxes.

Mrotwoman
Location: We're gonna have a breakdance party,breakdance all night long.

#3 Post by Mrotwoman » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks Rick,thanks a bunch! :lol:
I just had to go and have a look didn't I?
And I just had to say "Fill her up",as you do.

£2.33 a litre! :o My debit card melted.

Nice old boy though.
Have you forgotten that once we were brought here we were robbed of our names,robbed of our language,we lost our religion,our culture,our God? And many of us by the way we act,we even lost our minds.

suffolkpete

#4 Post by suffolkpete » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:37 pm

A lovely time-warp, the garage and the car :)
1974 Rover 2200 SC
1982 Matra Murena 1.6

jpsh120

#5 Post by jpsh120 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Not surprised by the price. We have a small garage in a local village that sells it and it was getting on for £1.40 a litre over 5 years ago when I last visited.
1971 Sunbeam Rapier H120