Wheel repairs / tyres / MOT - West London

Know of a good garage, mechanic, sprayer, supplier in your area? Why not post their details here. Please only post if you have actually used and received good service from this person or place AS A CUSTOMER. Also if you can put the area in the title that will be helpful - when we have enough we'll separate them into Counties / Shires. Note: this is for private members' recommendations, NOT owner/proprietors to punt their businesses - these will be removed.
Grumpy Northener

Wheel repairs / tyres / MOT - West London

#1 Post by Grumpy Northener » Tue May 24, 2011 10:15 pm

This place is a bee hive of activity - genuine & friendly service from a family run business, I base my recommendation on what they did with my modern car but from the service I experienced they will be getting my classic business as well. They operate a wheel repair centre for both alloys and steel wheels - repairing all damage, cracks, out of true etc (several sets of various classic wheels were being processed for clients on my visit) (they keep off shelf exchange alloys for moderns at the same price that you would pay to have them refurbished) - spilt rim alloys are not a problem either - on the same site they operate a MOT centre, tyre & exhaust fitting, wheel alignment, a well stocked and busy motor factors, hand car wash and even have there own sandwich and coffee shop on the corner ! For the outskirts of London the prices are very reasonable too :

'Grays' 162 - 166 Uxbridge Road, Hanwell, London. W7 3TB Tel 0208 567 4526 WWW.graysautoservices.co.uk
1937 Jowett 8 - Project - in less pieces than the Jupiter
1943 Jowett Stationary Engine
1952 Jowett Jupiter - In lots of peices http://Jowett.org/
1952 Jowett Javelin - Largely original
1973 Rover P6 V8 - Original / 22,000 miles

alabbasi

Re: Wheel repairs / tyres / MOT - West London

#2 Post by alabbasi » Wed May 25, 2011 3:39 am

Those guys are on the Uxbridge RD, between West Ealing and Ealing Hospital right? Hmm, I used them once about 14 years ago. I guess a lot can change in 14 years.