Members Classic Cars

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
rich.

Re: Members Classic Cars

#21 Post by rich. » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:18 pm

:drool: :drool:

hornchurchmale

#22 Post by hornchurchmale » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:31 pm

have to see about getting pic shown of my rover p6. ( ought to be called money pit) had it 2 years and covered around 200 miles. new from callipers and went to local club meet just 5 miles away. thought engine was dying on me as refused to go over 22 mph.. got there and as soon as stopped .smoke arose form both front wheels. seems brakes had jammed 'on'. chatted to an old rover owner and it seems common fault when servo has an issue ( these either leak fluid and burn it as white smoke or lock operating piston in place) so very hot brakes. borrowed a small spanner and opened a pipe joint. slight loss of fluid but brakes were released. drove home using handbrake mainly but footbrake where needed ( idiot at lights stalling etc grrr ) but brakes worked ok on way home.. not going back on road until servo replaced though so.. maybe next year I can do another 100 miles? sigh :cry:

GHT

#23 Post by GHT » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:23 pm

How to attract attention. Drape a pretty girl over your car: http://goo.gl/VuDd0X
Better still, drape six pretty girls over it: http://goo.gl/Bs6VjX
Even better, place a pretty girl in it: http://goo.gl/bDMxP0 http://goo.gl/d6ISru

Those agencies that charge you to find work with your car are a complete rip off. Find your own work, it just takes some dogged determination. In the year that I have had my old car, it's appeared in a number of still photo shoots for various adverts, it's carried eight brides to the church, it's currently under proof reading for a vintage magazine feature, (a link will be posted when it comes out,) As a result of some art students using it to make a short film, a film company has approached me about future use. The Goodwood Revival sent me a lovely testimonial from delighted VIP's that were transported to and from the showground at last year's event. The car has been invited to appear at this year's Twinwood event. Twinwood is the former RAF airfield that Glenn Miller took off from, never to be seen again. The festival used to be known by Glenn's name. Once the car becomes known, the work just keeps rolling in.

maranellohouse

#24 Post by maranellohouse » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:52 pm

Mine are in the members section but I couldn't resist posting here to.

1973 500F

1988 X19 GF.

1980 308 GTS

rich.

#25 Post by rich. » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:19 pm

you like your italian toys :thumbs:

UKJeeper

#26 Post by UKJeeper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:55 pm

My '91 YJ earning it's keep:

TerryG

#27 Post by TerryG » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Have you replaced the engine with steam? your fuel tank appears to take away from the load capacity but must reduce the running costs ;)
Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

vulgalour

#28 Post by vulgalour » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:59 pm

In July, I replaced the 17 year old Xantia previously mentioned in this thread that I was using daily with a 22 year old Rover 414SLi. Not a bad transformation either for fairly minimal outlay.

Before

After

BMrider

Ford Sierra Sapphire Restoration

#29 Post by BMrider » Wed May 03, 2017 11:08 am

Hi All, Just Joined this Forum and want to detail a restoration project of mine

Restoration started back in September 2016 on my Ford Sierra Saphire 2.0 Ghia manual.

The posts below are a thread detailing progress from September 2016 till now (03/05/2017)

I have had the car from new (In Nov 1989) it had 72K on it when it was placed down the bottom of my garden 12 years ago covered for most of the time.

It has a 2.0 DOHC engine manual box and air con

It was dragged out of its resting place to assess it's condition, with a view to get on the road in September last year

Engine spun , oil pressure up, electrics, many things not working, fuel pump, blower fan, radio, horn rear lights intermittent, central locking. most other electrics function

Rear wheels seized

Drivers and passenger doors need replacing as do nearside inner and outer sill and offside outer sill,

Initial assessment is it has survived quite well apart from the mentioned rust problems the body is in fair condition, interior good but a bit mouldy (Cleans up well) it had a new clutch just before storing and was driven to its final resting place and coolant drained.

I'm planning to restore to get MOT then a rolling restoration to original condition, Lots of work to do though!

Now it's own thread on resto here; viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6636

Last edited by BMrider on Wed May 03, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

rich.

#30 Post by rich. » Wed May 03, 2017 12:05 pm

i had one like that..i quite liked it. god it was rusty... good luck mate! plenty of pics please :thumbs: