MGB GT V8 build. **SOLD**

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Grumpy Northener

Re: MGB GT V8 build. **SOLD**

#151 Post by Grumpy Northener » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Nothing wrong in moving on and I would far better see someone take the brave decision that at this stage in my life this is not for me - we all do it at some stage either with cars / bikes / relationships / homes / gardens / jobs - the list is endless - Far better to move on and have someone pick the project up where it was left off - this outcome is a success when compared to the unfinished projects that end up in storage - then get moved around a few times and doing so loose half of parts that are required to complete the project - they then pick up damage before getting relegated to outside storage under a moth eaten tarpaulin - years later such projects which by now are far beyond ever saving turn up on various web based action sites with silly expectations of their true worth or value - and how many times have we seen that :o

PS - Good luck with the move
1937 Jowett 8 - Project - in less pieces than the Jupiter
1943 Jowett Stationary Engine
1952 Jowett Jupiter - In lots of peices http://Jowett.org/
1952 Jowett Javelin - Largely original
1973 Rover P6 V8 - Original / 22,000 miles

3xpendable

#152 Post by 3xpendable » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:13 am

Thank you.

I'm looking at 4 pot GT's out here, but I also want a Mercury Capri (A Mk1 Ford Capri basically)
2013 Dodge Durango R/T
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.
1964 Ford Anglia 105e Saloon

3xpendable

#153 Post by 3xpendable » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:41 am

Well I've been here 3 months now and will probably start a new thread seeing as this one is irrelevant but just wanted to say hi and update my friends here.

No classic as yet (I instead used some of the MGB money to buy a kart) but once I get settled there are two I want: and MGB GT 4 pot (that I intend to supercharge) and to scratch the V8 itch, a Mercury Capri. These are basically Mk1 Ford Capri's that although rare, are particularly desirable out here so a smart one can be had for $5000, I can then stick a Ford 302 in it and make a Perana replica :evil:

In the meantime, I have to make do with a 2003 Santa Fe which although bland and underpowered, has so far proved an adequate workhorse. It needed a timing belt which was not without it's issues and I gave it an oil change:

Luckily I get a (new) Dodge Challenger and this to play with sometimes:

I've seen lots of classics around. The dryer climate and more space means you see plenty of metal sitting in gardens. I found a stash of about 20 MGB/Midgets along with a Morris Minor in someone's back yard but he asked that I didn't take pictures. I saw this in town a few days ago:

I also helped our new neighbour load his Ford Fairlaine onto his trailer to take to the restoration shop:

My Father in law has a nice workshop, so I spent a week or so finishing off my V8 Coffee Table, which will one day be in my garage :)

2013 Dodge Durango R/T
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.
1964 Ford Anglia 105e Saloon

rich.

#154 Post by rich. » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:42 am

:thumbs:

JPB

#155 Post by JPB » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:31 am

:shock: I need a coffee table like that! Maybe a Diesel one for its fuel economy, but the idea appeals. ;)
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops: