I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

Post pictures and stories about your cars both present and past. Also post up "blogs" on your restoration projects - the more pictures the better! Note: blog-type threads often get few replies, but are often read by many members, and provide interest and motivation to other enthusiasts so don't be disappointed if you don't get many replies.
Message
Author
FatherTed
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:24 pm

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#21 Post by FatherTed » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:32 pm

Hi, just rejoined this forum after many years.

I had several Anglias back in the day including an estate which I kept for several years.

I know of another 106E estate still on the road in Italy.

3xpendable
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 am

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#22 Post by 3xpendable » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:50 pm

FatherTed wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:32 pm
Hi, just rejoined this forum after many years.

I had several Anglias back in the day including an estate which I kept for several years.

I know of another 106E estate still on the road in Italy.
Great to have you back! I will keep this thread updated.
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.

FatherTed
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:24 pm

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#23 Post by FatherTed » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:10 pm

img058 (2).jpg
img058 (2).jpg (171.34 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
img053 (2).jpg
img053 (2).jpg (216.76 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
Here is my estate with some bovine friends, and a van (307E) that I bought for £25. Photos were taken about 1983/4.

3xpendable
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 am

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#24 Post by 3xpendable » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:20 pm

FatherTed wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:10 pm


Here is my estate with some bovine friends, and a van (307E) that I bought for £25. Photos were taken about 1983/4.
Lovely, 25 quid? You could add nearly 3 zero's to that now!

'Arthur' (As my wife has named it) updates:

Rocker gear is cleaned and freed off and back on the car, all works smoothly. They tried cranking it over but the starter had seen better days:

Image

They had a spare one lying about for the time being so while it cranks well and had a good spark at the points, the plug sparks were a bit weak so they are swapping the leads and trying again this week.

Due to logistics and costs of shipping, I have decided it is better to have the car running and driveable to be able to get on a RORO ferry rather than shipping it in a container. It's far cheaper and also far easier. I had looked forward to doing the work myself, but there will be plenty or tinker with after it is running. FOr not the priority is getting is driveable and over here. All new brake components are on order so hopefully it all goes well.
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.

3xpendable
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 am

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#25 Post by 3xpendable » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:50 pm

My brother sent me a video yesterday titled 'She lives!' They got her running though the carb needs a new accelerator pump diaphragm and the exhaust needs fitting, but it ran great and even idled like a purring kitty, not bad after 30 years.

I have ordered a carb rebuild kit along with new exhaust mounts to go with the stainless system I have bought, and clutch cylinder rebuild kits. Once they are all fitted, it will be time to address the brakes.
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.

Dick
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#26 Post by Dick » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:34 pm

How much will it cost to register in the us? I know that us and jdm cost about €4000 to register in France :evil:

User avatar
JPB
Posts: 10267
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#27 Post by JPB » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:26 am

3xpendable wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:50 pm
My brother sent me a video yesterday titled 'She lives!' They got her running though the carb needs a new accelerator pump diaphragm and the exhaust needs fitting, but it ran great and even idled like a purring kitty..
A most satisfying outcome, well done to those responsible. :thumbs:
Dick wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:34 pm
How much will it cost to register in the us? I know that us and jdm cost about €4000 to register in France :evil:
Four effing thousand Yo-Yos? :shock: That's crazy. Go and storm the bastille, that'll cut through the red tape like nothing else.
:twisted:
J
"Home is where you park it", so the saying goes. That may yet come true.. :oops:

3xpendable
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 am

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#28 Post by 3xpendable » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:18 pm

Dick wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:34 pm
How much will it cost to register in the us? I know that us and jdm cost about €4000 to register in France :evil:
Not much, as it's over 25 yrs old. I think it's less than $100 in my state
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.

3xpendable
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 am

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#29 Post by 3xpendable » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:09 pm

JPB wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:26 am
3xpendable wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:50 pm
My brother sent me a video yesterday titled 'She lives!' They got her running though the carb needs a new accelerator pump diaphragm and the exhaust needs fitting, but it ran great and even idled like a purring kitty..
A most satisfying outcome, well done to those responsible. :thumbs:

Thank you!
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.

3xpendable
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 am

Re: I'm back! Ford Anglia 106e (Estate)

#30 Post by 3xpendable » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:30 pm

Progress is slow but steady. Remove the brake & clutch master cyls and the clutch slave to assess rebuild potential with kits.

Image

In the mean time, all the electrics work. She's coming to life!

Image
1965 Ford Anglia 106e Estate (Wagon). LHD.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest